A few days back some headlines were there narrating the discontinuation of Xiaomi’s MiA1 device as its successor Mi A2 (Mi 6X) is on its way. Mi A1 was one of the best devices Xiaomi has offered in the Indian market. The whooping sales of this device have also contributed to the popularity of the brand itself. MiA1 has recently received the Android 8.0 Oreo update. Still, numerous users are there who are looking for an easy method to root Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC or Laptop. In this write-up, we will be describing you the effortless method to root the device.
The device currently runs on Android Oreo and the traditional method to root. It is by using ADB and Fastboot method but for most of us interacting with those commands, Root is not a piece of cake. This simple method makes use of SuperSU which is old yet reliable. IN order to root Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC follow the steps below.
- A Xiaomi Mi A1 device with at least 50% of charge.
- Your device should have an unlocked bootloader.
- Mi A1 should have a custom recovery like TWRP preinstalled.
How to Root Mi A1 without PC or Laptop?
- First, take a complete backup of your device as in worst cases a user might end up losing his data.
- Head over to the below link and download SuperSU zip file.
- It is in the form of a .zip format so don’t extract and paste it into the internal storage of your device.
- After pasting rename it as “update.zip”.
- Now switch off your Mi A1 and hold the Power+Vol up button to trigger the recovery mode.
- Here in TWRP menu select the Install option and locate the file named as “update.zip”, swipe to confirm flashing.
- It will take a few seconds and now reboot your device.
- Now your Mi A1 device has been successfully rooted.
- How to Revert back to Android Nougat on Xiaomi Mi A1?
- How to unroot Xiaomi Mi A1 back to Stock Android Oreo
- Best custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A1
We hope our guide to root Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC or Laptop would have helped you to attain root access. If you have any problem, then comment below.