As a gift of 2012, Smargav, an startup developing Android applications, announced Android apps for locating Bank Branches & ATM for various cities of India. Amit, CEO of Smargav, told GoAndroid team, “We developed the ATM locators or finders for Tier II cities which are growing and people in these cities are increasingly becoming tech-savvy. Every business starts with Metro cities, but we want to take a different route by bringing LBS services to upcoming cities. We believe that people in Tier II cities do deserve to get same kind of services like the Metro cities of India”.
The ATM Locator apps can be downloaded for free from Android Market. All the apps are designed to function offline and does not require any internet to get the data, except for embedded google map services for Directions and Maps.
- Bangalore ATM Locator => Over 2000 Locations covered
- Coimbatore ATM Locator => Over 300 Locations covered
- Mysore ATM Locator=> Over 250 Locations covered
- Lucknow ATM Locator => Over 600 Locations covered
- Jaipur ATM Locator => Over 150 Locations covered
Its interesting to see growing number of Android apps being target for local Indian crowd. Waiting to see more such solutions.