Nothing is rolling out a new firmware update for the Android 13 Beta program. Beta 2 brings several recent changes and improvements over Beta 1, which was announced on December 15th. Nothing OS 1.5.1 brings new animations, a new weather app, better loading times, and several other improvements.
Previously, Beta 1 caused some financial apps to cease to work due to some issues with Google’s SafetyNet API. But, we hope the issue has been fixed with the second beta test. Below is the official changelog:
Nothing OS 1.5.1 Changelog (Android 13 Beta 2)
- A brand new handcrafted glyph ringtone and notification soundpack of a slightly different style!
- A new collection of minimalist wallpapers are now available in the customization menu on the homescreen.
- Lockscreen shortcut customizations! Choose to display shortcuts for the camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
- Easily switch between data usage when using dual SIM with the improved network Quick Settings panel.
- Smoother animation when transitioning the display between on and off (regardless if Always on Display status).
- Improved the display auto-brightness algorithm.
- The full Nothing X app will now be available in Nothing OS.
- The pop-up view has been brought back with some interaction improvements.
- Improved Camera app UI and animations. Improved battery life.
- Increased system stability and bug fixes
The update with a 127MB size is now available for beta testers and will be available for installation via OTA.