OnePlus is actively rolling out Android 11-based updates for a premium range of smartphones. After bringing Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 8/8Pro, here’s a company with OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The new update carries several advancements and enhancements over the maiden Open Beta based on Android 11.
Must See: OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 receiving OxygenOS 10.0.6 in Europe and 10.3.3 in India respectively
The update features several new features including several optimizations like smooth brightness control, the better sliding effect of the dynamic wallpapers, etc. However, it also improves power efficiency and fixes the usual bugs. It even brings new Always-on Ambient display mode for OnePlus 7 Pro.
However, you can check the official changelog of the update below:
- Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
- Improved power consumption in some scenarios
- Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
- Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
- Fixed the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
- Fixed the issue that ‘Tips & Support’ is not displayed in the Settings
- Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode
- Ambient Display
- Newly supported Always-on ambient display feature (Only OP7 Pro) (Go to Settings – Utilities – OnePlus Laboratory – Always-on ambient display)
OnePlus is notifying the excessive power usage upon using AOD feature on OnePPLus 7 pro. However, the feature is unavailable for the OnePlus 7 at the moment.
It is a beta build and may carry some bugs and is not as stable as official OTAs. It is highly recommended to backup whole data as the build may corrupt your data. OxygenOS 11 Open Beta users will get OTA update over their phones within the next few days.