The BBK-owned OnePlus has started seeding out the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices. The update is rolling out in many regions and already many of the Beta users have started experiencing it.
Note: As these are the Beta version, they might include plenty of bugs and potential risks. So, think twice before installing.
As stated by the changelog, the update comes with a couple of optimizations, fixes, January 2021 Security patch, new add-ons, optimizations, and improvements. The new add-ons include Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc. It also brings optimizations for the UI display of the status bar, stability of frame rate, interface of the Community homepage, weather animation effects to improve fluency, the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience, etc.
Talking about the bug fixes, it brings fixes for the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser and the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases. For precise information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
Like all the other updates, the company is pushing the updates in batches and as a result, it is expected to hit all the users within a week. You can also check the update manually by heading to Setings>Software updates and check for the updates.