Here’s good news for the OnePlus Nord 2 users who have been waiting for so long for the Android 13 update. OnePlus announced the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for the OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone. The path to a stable Android 13 experience is not so far away for the Nord 2, as the Open Beta is already here.
OnePlus Nord 2 Indian variant can now taste the latest Android 13 Open Beta. The users can experience the OxygenOS 13 in advance by opting for the Open Beta. However, before installing, make sure your data is safe and secure, as it is not a stable build and may have some bugs.
The Open Beta Program (OPB) is limited to the first 5000 users having OnePlus Nord 2.
Requirements to install OOS 13 Open Beta on OnePlus Nord
- You must Have OnePlus Nord 2 IN variant.
- You must be OnePlus Community Member
Steps to Install OxygenOS 13 Open Beta on OnePlus Nord 2
- Make sure your device is running DN2101_11.C.12/13 firmware.
- Then go to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program > Beta > Fill in your information > Apply Now.
- You will get the Update within 5 days, and you may download it, by heading to Settings >About Device > Download Now.
Below is the official Changelog of the OxygenOS 13 update:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
FAQs for OxygenOS 13 update on OnePlus Nord 2
Q1: What is the purpose of the OBT to MP rollback guide via Local OTA update?
The purpose of the OBT to MP rollback guide via Local OTA update is to allow OnePlus Nord 2 users to roll back to the Android 12 operating system.
Q2: Is it necessary to back up data before performing the rollback?
Yes, it is necessary to backup data before performing the rollback because the process will erase all the contents of the phone.
Q3: How can I download the designated ROM rollback zip package?
You can download the designated ROM rollback zip package from the specified server.
Q4: How can I submit bugs related to OnePlus Nord 2?
You can submit bugs related to OnePlus Nord 2 by opening the Google Dialer and typing *#800#. Then, you will find a menu that allows you to submit bugs.
Q5: Will there be a satisfaction survey after the program is finished?
Yes, in order to get a better understanding of your use of the Open Beta version, a satisfaction survey may be sent to you after the program is finished.