As promised by Oppo via ColorOS 7 update roadmap, the Oppo A5 2020 and A9 have started receiving the ColorOS 7 stable update. The new update brings many new changes and advancements via the firmware version CPH1931EX_11.C.65_1650_202006102350 on both the smartphones. Oppo is timely rolling out the ColorOS 7 update as promised via the rollout roadmap. Last week, the company brought the same update for Oppo F9 and F9 Pro.
Oppo A5 2020 and A9 Color OS 7 Update
Oppo’s ColorOS 7 update brings many new changes including the luxuries of Android 10. The update adds a new visual User Interface with better and clear elements. The new borderless designs make visuals more attractive and efficient. The Oppo Sans is now the default font with a feel of blending beauty and technology. A new navigation Gesture 3.0 is also part of the update which will improve the accessibility across the smartphone.
Moreover, there’s dark mode support, focus mode, new charging animation, floating window, tailback floating, and many other additions. It also optimizes Game space, security, and Album UI. Other changes are listed below in the changelog.
How to update Oppo A5 2020 and A9 to ColorOS 7
Follow the steps below to update Oppo A5 2020 and A9 to ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
Note: Ensure you’re on the latest version of the stable update
- Open Settings > Software Updates or Settings > Trial Version.
- Tap to check for the updates.
Moreover, the update is rolling out in batches and it may take some time to reach each and every unit. The OTA ZIP is currently not available, but we will update the post once available.
Changelog of ColorOS 7 Update:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).