Qualcomm announces Snapdragon Wear 3100 with improved battery performance


Qualcomm today announces its new processor for smartwatches i.e. Snapdragon Wear 3100. Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 is based new ultra-low power system architecture for better battery life and rich interactive mode. The company has made a new co-processor i.e Qualcomm QCC1110, it made to optimize ultra-low power operations.

Qualcomm get the data in which Snapdragon Wear 2100 application processor is used for only 5 % of the Time. And Remaining 95% of the time smartwatch remains idle. So that’s why Qualcomm decides to more focus on optimizing battery life. With this ultra-low-power co-processor  increases the battery life from 4 to 12 hours compared to the previous Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform.

Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100

Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform includes a new wearable power management sub-system (PMW3100) which supports lower and higher integrations,  new DSP framework. The 4G LTE modem will support new high-performance Gallium Arsenide power amplifiers, which helps to increase power efficiency in smartwatches.

Company also announced that Fossil, Montblanc, and Louis Vuitton will be the first manufacturers to make Smartwatches powered by Snapdragon wear 3100. The Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 will be available in three variants, with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tethered options, tethered smartwatches with built-in GPS, and 4G LTE-connected smartwatches. Company says Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform is already in mass production and begins shipping today.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.