Realme has started rolling out the January 2021 Security patch update to the Realme 3 Pro, 5 Pro, and C2 smartphones. The update is rolling out on the RMX1851EX_11_C.13 Firmware version for the Realme 3 Pro devices, RMX1971EX_11_C.10 for Realme 5 Pro users, and last but not least – RMX1941EX_11_A.32 for the Realme C2 smartphones.
Talking about the Realme 3 Pro & 5 Pro, the update comes with both the December 2020 & January 2021 Security patch, new features, fixes for known and reported issues. The update adds the short-press the power button to turn off the flashlight feature while screen-off. It also fixes the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning, a probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos, etc. For precise information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
- Updated Android security patch: December, 2020, January, 2021
- Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off
- Fixed the issue that two cancel buttons appear when the input box is clicked multiple times in the weather
- Fixed the issue of abnormal system permission acquisition when the radio is turned on
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of crashing when entering the alarm details
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that VOLTE be registered
Coming to the Realme C2 update, it comes with December 2020 and January 2021 Security patches, optimizations, and improvements. Apart from that, the company has not added any new features to the device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
- Updated Android security patch: December 2020, January 2021
- Optimized system performance and improved system stability
Similar to all the other updates, the company is spinning out the updates in a phased manner and as a result, it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. In the meanwhile, you can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings>Software updates>Check for updates. We also suggest you to switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.