Google has officially teased Android 13 at the I/O 2022 event yesterday. Keeping up with the pace, the other brands have started testing the next-gen OS for their respective flagships. In the latest development, Realme GT 2 Pro users can now flash the Android 13 Developer Preview Program.
Must see: Specs Comparison: Redmi Note 11 vs Realme 9i
The announcement was made official by the company via a blog post. The post mentioned that the Android 13 DP1 software is meant for the European version of Realme GT 2 Pro. As you already know, the program is developed for certified developers, not for regular users.
If you are an interested user in Europe, make sure that your Realme GT 2 Pro runs the Android 12 version RMX3301_A.14. The Android 13 Developer Preview program will thereafter bump it to RMX3301_11_C.01.
To download the Android 13 Beta 1 update package, click here and follow the steps below:
- Transfer the downloaded firmware to the phone storage
- Turn on developer mode
- Go to Settings > Software Update > Settings in the upper right corner > Manually select the installation package
- Select the downloaded firmware package, click install after loading
- After the verification is completed, the system will be restarted and updated
Needless to say, the firmware will pack a bunch of bugs or glitches. Realme has already mentioned some of these lags to beware the advanced users.
- All user data will be erased during the upgrade.
- Some system functions are not available.
- Part of the interface display may look less than desirable.
- Some applications may not work properly or be fully functional.
- The system may have some stability issues.
In case you want to change your decision and shift back to Android 12, download the rollback package. Before that, make sure to take a backup of your data and maintain at least 30% of the battery. Also, this may take a while so, do not turn off your phone during the process.