Realme is aggressively pushing security patches for almost every mid-range and high-end device since last year. The latest to receive the security patch is the Realme Q2 smartphone which was launched in October. The smartphone is a mid-range smartphone featuring MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC coupled with an octa-core processor and Mali-G57 MC3 GPU. There’s a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display having 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and 600 nits maximum brightness support.
In the camera department, the smartphone packs a quad-rear setup consisting of a 48-megapixel primary lens, an 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro lens. There’s a 16-megapixel selfie camera on the front for quality selfies.
Note: The updates are listed in Descending Order (Date). We will keep updating this post to reflect the latest updates.
Realme Q2/ Q2 Pro Update Tracker
- [August 29, 2022]: Realme is sending a new software update to the Realme Q2 Pro on the firmware version F.06. The package carries the July and August 2021 security patches. Additionally, it optimizes the system’s performance to make your device more stable.
- Update Android security patches (2022 #7 & 2022 #8)
- Optimize the system performance of some scenarios to make your phone run more stably
- [June 10, 2022]: Realme Q2 is receiving the May 2022 security patch in China. The build also resolves some known issues and improves system stability.
- Fix some known problems and improve system stability
- Update Android Security Patch (2022#5)
- [April 11, 2022]: Realme Q2 5G users in China are getting a new update on firmware version RMX2117_11_C.16. It packs the March and April 2022 security patches. In addition, it resolves some known issues and improves system stability.
- Fix some known issues and improve system stability
- Update Android security patch (2022#3&2022#4)
- [April 8, 2022]: Realme Q2 Pro in China is getting a new software update with April 2022 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version RMX2175_11_C.17. In addition, it resolves a couple of issues, optimizes system performance, and improves system stability. Take a look at the official changelog below for precise details.
- Optimize system performance and improve system stability
- Fix the problem that the camera button is swiped up on the lock screen, and the white screen is rarely stuck after the screen is quickly turned off and the screen is turned on.
- Fix the problem that the horizontal and vertical screens are displayed abnormally in special scenes with low probability
- Update Android security patch (2022#3/2022#4)
- [October 16, 2021]: Realme Q2 Pro is receiving a new update in China via the on build number RMX2175_11_C.14. The package carries the October 2021 security patch and certain fixes across the system, set up, desktop, and status bar.
Fix the problem that the control center is not displayed in the low probability when the notification bar is pulled down by the system clone
Fix the problem that there is a low probability that there will be no response when switching the swipe gestures on both sides in the horizontal screen and split-screen, and the side swiping back
Fix the problem that the low probability of raising the hand to turn on the screen is invalid
Fix the problem that the recent task interface will flash in low probability when the fingerprint is used to unlock the screen
Fixed the problem of low probability desktop icon position changes when switching back to a standard mode in simple mode
Fix the problem of low probability of crashing when the personalized customization interface enters the recent task clearance
Fix the problem that the card disappears with a low probability when you click the icon under the task card in the recent task and return to the desktop to reenter the recent task
Fixed the problem of inconsistent display thickness of percentage numbers probabilistically when charging
Update Android security patch (2021#9/2021#10)
- [March 9, 2021]: The February security patch is unfurling to Realme Q2 Pro on firmware version RMX2200_11_A.17. As this is not a major update do not expect any other significant changes.
- [January 31, 2021]: The Realme Q2 Pro users have started picking the January 2021 Security patch update with a couple of optimizations and fixes. The update is seeding out on the RMX2173_11_A.24 Firmware version and as of now, it is currently limited to Chinese users only. As stated by the changelog, the update fixes the problem that the Peace Elite APP does not display the flashback key in some scenes in a low probability, the problem that the default ringtone of the mobile phone is wrong after exiting the online ringtone, and the problem of fingerprint unlocking with a low probability of fingerprint failure.
- [January 8, 2021]: Realme has started seeding out the December 2020 security patch update to the Realme Q2 users. The update with RMX2111_11_A.27 Firmware version comes with new add-ons, optimizations, and fixes. The new add-ons include a Bluetooth headset answer icon, the function of exporting the recorded text to notes. It also brings fixes for the issue of abnormal focus on faces and sky with very low probability in special scenes and the problem that the low probability adjustment fails when the brightness is frequently adjusted issues. As of now, this update is currently limited to Chinese users only. However, it doesn’t take much time to release in all the other markets.
- [November 2, 2020]: Realme Q2 Pro has started receiving the October Security patch along with some other fixes. The new update with firmware version RMX2173_11.A.16 brings several other improvements including Network optimization and overall system performance optimization.
● Optimize network performance and enhance the Internet experience
● Optimize the imaging effect of the front camera
● Optimize the imaging effect of the rear camera in a variety of complex scenes
● Optimize system performance and improve system stability
● Fix the extremely small probability of crashing in extreme scenarios
● Fix the extremely small probability of screen flickering in special scenarios
● Update Android security patch (2020#10)
Download (Chinese Firmware)
You can bookmark this page to stay updated about the newly launched firmware of your device.