Realme X2 was officially launched a couple of years back featuring a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based Snapdragon 730G. The smartphone ships with Android 9 Pie out of the box paired with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Realme X2 equips a quad-camera module at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor and a 32MP snapper for selfies.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Realme X2 smartphone updates.
Realme X2 Update Tracker
- [August 31, 2021]: Realme X2 is grabbing a new F.22 OTA software update on the version number RMX1991EX_11_F.22 or RMX1991AEX_11_F.22. The package integrates the July and August 2021 security patches. Besides, it improves the system’s stability and performance. Moreover, the build resolves some bugs related to the OTS and Camera app. Refer to the changelog below for more details.
- Integrates the July and August 2021 Android security patches.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- Fixes an issue where you would be unable to use a double-ended USB-C cable to transfer files between two realme X2 phones.
- Fixes a lagging issue that would occasionally occur in SLO-MO mode.
- Fixes an issue where SLO-MO videos could not be played when they are recorded at 960 fps using the camera with the screen locked.
- [July 19, 2021]: Realme X2 is grabbing the stable Android 11 update along with Realme UI 2.0. Identified by firmware version RMX1991_11_F.20, the update is limited to China beta testers, and will soon roll out in India. The update brings all-new features, enhancements, optimizations, and fixes. Alongside, the package enhances privacy by cultivating June 2021 security patch. Here is the precise changelog by the company.
- Update Android security patch (2021#6)
- Optimized the icon style of the status bar for international Internet access
- Optimize the smoothness of camera startup
- Fixed the problem that the network connection fails when the WiFi password contains special characters in the connection part
- Fixed the problem of low probability of freezing caused by too many saved WiFi
- Mini floating window
- Fixed the issue that occasionally crashed after opening other applications under the mini floating window and then returning
- Fixed the issue of the black screen occasionally when long-pressing the mini floating window and clicking close after using the photo album to cast the screen
- Fixed the problem that the flashlight turns off unexpectedly when the face is unlocked
- Fixed the issue of abnormal absolute volume function when using Airpods earphones
- Fixed the problem that some OTG devices fail to recognize
- [March 24, 2021]: Realme X2 is acquiring an overhaul along with some bug fixes. The package is rolling out in India with firmware number RMX1992EX_11_C.17.Along with the March 2021 security patch, the latest firmware for Realme X2 optimizes system performance and system stability. Also, it fixes several vulnerabilities like restoring to the default ringtone issue in call ringtone. Here’s the entire changelog issued by Realme:
◊ Updated Android security patch(February & March 2021)
◊ Optimized system performance and improved system stability
◊ Fixed the probabilistic restoring to default ringtone issue in call ringtone
◊ Fixed the probabilistic face enrollment failure issue
Like all the other updates, this as well is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Accordingly, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.