Xiaomi introduced the Redmi 8 in 2019 with Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box. After almost two years, the device is finally receiving Android 10 based customized skin— MIUI 12.5. The skin is a minor upgrade over the MIUI 12 that serves as a bridge to reach MIUI 13.
The latest skin for Xiaomi Redmi 8 is currently rolling out in India, while the other regions may take around a week to receive the update. As mentioned, the build is based on Android 10 and is bundled with the firmware version V220.127.116.11.QCNINXM weighing 2.3 GB in size.
Concerning features, MIUI 12.5 will refine your user experience. Also, the company has issued a detailed changelog for this update. Meanwhile, you can also check the best of the MIUI 12.5 features via the button below.
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.