Xiaomi announced its new MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition along with the launch event of Xiaomi Mi Mix 4. The new updates bring fixes for many issues that MIUI 12 users have been experiencing ever since they update the device. The new MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition brings some nifty changes.
Must See: Xiaomi pushes the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition update to the first batch of eligible devices!
- [Update: November 15, 2021]
While MIUI 13 is on the track to arrive by the end of this year, Xiaomi is planning to upgrade the maximum of its devices with MIUI 12.5 enhanced. The company has disclosed the third batch of the rollout plan which mentions more than 25 smartphones including the ones listed below.
Xiaomi phones getting MIUI 12.5 Enhanced [Third Batch]
- Xiaomi CIVI
- Redmi 9
- Redmi 10X 4G
- Redmi Note 11 Pro
- Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi 10X 5G
- Redmi 10X Pro 5G
- Redmi Note 11 5G
- Xiaomi Pad 5
- Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi K30i 5G
- Redmi K30
- [Update: November 8, 2021]
Xiaomi has unveiled the second batch of the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition Global rollout plan. This time, the company added 10 smartphones to the list that will grab the new customized skin.
Xiaomi phones getting MIUI 12.5 Enhanced [Second Batch]
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi 9T
- Redmi 9 Power
- Redmi Note 9T
- Redmi Note 10 5G
- Redmi Note 10T
- Redmi Note 10 JE
- Mi 10 Lite 5G
- Mi 10T Lite
- Mi 10i
Xiaomi phones getting MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 4
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Mi 11 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition / Ultra
- Redmi K40 (Poco F3/ Mi 11X)
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 10S
- Redmi K40 Pro (Mi 11i) / Redmi K40 Pro Plus (Mi 11X Pro)
- Xiaomi Mi 10
- Redmi K30S Extreme Edition / Ultra (Mi 10T Pro)
- Redmi K30 Pro (Poco F2 Pro)
The update focuses on reducing battery consumption, and they have fixed more than 160 system header issues and 224 system application problems. The brand claims that the CPU usage has been reduced by 22% and the power consumption by 15%. Even the gestures are now working far better than what they used to be. Here is the changelog of the new update. The latest update would bring optimizations, namely liquid storage, atomic memory, focus computing, and intelligent balance.
- Liquid Storage – It means the defragmentation of the storage of the device. The efficiency of defragmentation has increased by 60%. Even the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro’s lab test tells us that the read and write speed loss is now less than 5% despite 36 months of use. The phone works without any slowdown and is like a new device.
- Atomic memory – The atomic memory focuses on ultra-fine memory management & splits application memory, and it will prioritize to the end unimportant tasks. It will also refine and then compress the memory usage. And the lab tests of Mi 10 Ultra reveals that the back-end residency capacity of the device has increased by 64%.
- Focus calculation – What they meant by focus computing is that the 51 core operations now operate smoothly and work in full acceleration mode. It will now prioritize the most frequently used processes which the user of smartphones uses. It is calculated according to the background scenarios of each user. The unnecessary applications in the background will be closed. According to the lab reports, the CPU usage rate has been reduced by an average of 15%, and an average of 8% has declined in power consumption.
- Intelligent balance – This new feature will ensure your device that your device’s hardware will run properly without any obstructions. That means this new feature will allow your device to perform without any obstacles from the irrelevant programs present in your device. The lab tests of the Xiaomi Mi 10 have revealed that the average power consumption has been reduced by 10%.
Download MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition update!
As promised, Xiaomi started pushing updates for these devices beginning from August 13. The update is currently rolling out for China users only. Global users have to wait until the brand pushes the OTA (Over the Air) update. Following are the download links for the Chinese update.
- Mi 11 Pro / Mi 11 Ultra – China Stable V188.8.131.52.RKACNXM – Download
- Mi 11 – China Stable V184.108.40.206.RKBCNXM – Download
- Redmi K40 Pro / Redmi K40 Pro Plus – China Stable V220.127.116.11.RKKCNXM – Download
- Redmi K40 – China Stable V18.104.22.168.RKHCNXM – Download
- Mi 10S – China Stable V22.214.171.124.RGACNXM – Download
- Redmi Note 9 5G – China Stable V126.96.36.199.RJECNXM – Download
- Mi 10 Ultra – China Stable V188.8.131.52.RJJCNXM – Download
- Redmi K30 Pro-China Stable V184.108.40.206.RJKCNXM – Download
Interestingly Xiaomi has even pushed the update for the budget device, i.e., the Redmi Note 9 5G. For other devices in the list, Xiaomi will push the update by August 26. One can expect the global rollout starting from next month. With that, we are concluding this article regarding MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition.