In May 2021, Xiaomi has announced the Redmi Note 8 (2021) smartphone featuring a 6.3-inch IPS LCD screen. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based MediaTek Helio G85 chipset. The smartphone ships with Android 11 out of the box along with MIUI 12.5 on top paired with up to 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Redmi Note 8 (2021) equips a 48MP quad-camera module at the rear and a single 13MP snapper for selfies.
Note: This page will be updated in descending order with every build released for the Redmi Note 8 (2021) smartphone.
Redmi Note 8 (2021) Updates Tracker
- [October 18, 2022]: Redmi Note 8 (2021) EEA variants is receiving October 2022 Security patch via the firmware version V184.108.40.206.SCUEUXM. Interested users can flash the OTA if the udapte is not yet available via OTA. [ Apply for OTA]
- [October 10, 2022]: The Redmi Note 8 (2021) is getting a new software update in the global market. The build arrives on the firmware version V220.127.116.11.SCUMIXM, which packs the October 2022 security patch. Besides increasing system security, it does not bring any other changes. [Apply for OTA] [Recovery ROM]
Updated Android Security Patch to October 2022. Increased system security.
- [August 16, 2022]: Redmi Note 8 (2021) EEA variant is receiving a new update with July 2022 Security Patch. It improves system security and carries firmware version V18.104.22.168.SCUEUXM. You can download OTA for V22.214.171.124 from here and Recovery ROM from here.
- [April 18, 2022]: The Redmi Note 8 (2021) is getting s new update in the European region on firmware version V126.96.36.199.SCUEUXM. The build packs the March 2022 security patch along with Android 12 and MIUI 13 features. Also, it brings a couple more optimizations as mentioned in the changelog below. [Recovery ROM]
Stable MIUI based on Android 12
Updated Android Security Patch to March 2022. Increased system security.
- More features and improvements
Optimization: Enhanced accessibility support for Phone, Clock, and Weather
Optimization: Mind map nodes are more convenient and intuitive now
- [November 18, 2021]: Redmi Note 8 (2021) is receiving a stable update globally on firmware version V188.8.131.52.RCUMIXM. The update is not major but it optimizes the system performance and improves system security and stability. [Recovery ROM] [Apply for OTA]Changelog:
Optimized system performance
Improved system security and stability
- [June 25, 2021]: Redmi Note 8 (2021) is grabbing a new update with MIUI 12.5. Arriving on firmware version V184.108.40.206.RCUEUXM, the update is currently rolling out in Europe. For changes and other information, you can visit our dedicated article.
Related: Realme GT Neo 2T Updates Tracker
As always, the update is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Accordingly, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.