In Q1 2020, Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro along with Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. The duo holds a 6.67 inches IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. In the camera department, the device houses a 64 MP quad-camera setup on the back. Also, it is powered by Snapdragon 720G SoC paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device came with Android 10 based MIUI 11 onboard paired with up to 128GB of storage and 8GB RAM.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro/ Pro Max smartphone updates.
Redmi Note 9 Pro/ Pro Max Updates Tracker
The updates will be posted in Descending Order (Date). Stay tuned or bookmark this page to know about the latest update about the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max.
- [September 10, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is receiving another update that optimizes its system performance. The update is rolling out in India on the firmware version V18.104.22.168.RJXINXM. The build reduces the lags in the system and increases its stability. [Recovery ROM]
- [September 3, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro becomes one of the latest devices to grab the MIUI 12.5 update in India. The system version will be bumped to V22.214.171.124.RJWINXM. Also, the package carries a two-month-old security patch, July 2021. Moreover, it brings several new additions to the system and the Notes app. Head here to know the list of changes the Redmi Note 9 Pro will inculcate with the new version.
- [July 28, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro is receiving a new MIUI 12 update. It is a global stable update for the device with firmware version V126.96.36.199.RJZMIXM. The update carries the latest July security patch and some system optimizations.[Download: OTA or Recovery ROM]
- [July 3, 2021]: The Pro Max variant is also joining the Redmi Note 9 for the Android 11 update party. The latest build arrives on firmware version V188.8.131.52.RJXINXM. Also, keep in not that the build only brings Android 11, not the accompanied skin, MIUI 12.5. Tap here to read more.
- [May 24, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G is grabbing the MIUI 12.5 update based on Android 11. The fresh software for the device is out with build number V184.108.40.206.RJSCNXM. As far as features and changes are concerned, visit our dedicated article.
Just like the other Xiaomi device, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max also receive the update in a phase-wise manner. This means that it will require few days to reach all the units. you can also check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > check for updates.