In Q1 2020, Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro along with Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. The duo holds a 6.67 inches IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. In the camera department, the device houses a 64 MP quad-camera setup on the back. Also, it is powered by Snapdragon 720G SoC paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device came with Android 10-based MIUI 11 onboard paired with up to 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro/ Pro Max smartphone updates.
Redmi Note 9 Pro/ Pro Max Updates Tracker
The updates will be posted in Descending Order (Date). Stay tuned or bookmark this page to know about the latest update about the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max.
- [November 22, 2022]: The November 2022 security patch is extending to the Redmi Note 9 in Indian markets. The build arrives on firmware version is V220.127.116.11.RJQINXM.
Updated Android Security Patch to August 2022. Increased system security.
- [November 4, 2022]: The Redmi Note 9 Pro is getting a new version V18.104.22.168.SJZEUXM | 12.0. The build enhances privacy by the included October 2022 security patch.
[System]Updated Android Security Patch to October 2022. Increased system security.
- [August 23, 2022]: Redmi Note 9 Pro EEA variant is receiving MIUI 13 based on Android 12 update. The firmware version V22.214.171.124.SJZEUXM is now available for the users.Changelog:
Stable MIUI based on Android 12
Updated Android Security Patch to July 2022. Increased system security.[More features and improvements]
Optimization: Enhanced accessibility support for Phone, Clock, and Weather
Optimization: Mind map nodes are more convenient and intuitive nowThe users can flash the Recovery ROM or can wait for the official OTA update.
- [July 5, 2022]: The Redmi Note 9 is picking up a new software update with the June 2022 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version V126.96.36.199.RJOINXM which is currently rolling out in India.
Updated Android Security Patch to June 2022. Increased system security
- [June 6, 2022]: The Global variants of the Redmi Note 9 Pro are upgrading with April 2022 security patch. The build improves the system privacy on firmware version V188.8.131.52.RJZMIXM. [Recovery ROM] [Fastboot ROM]
Updated Android Security Patch to April 2022. Increased system security
- [April 13, 2022]: The Redmi Note 9 is getting a new update in India on firmware version V184.108.40.206.RJOINXM. The build improves privacy by integrating the March 2022 security patch. [Recovery ROM] [Apply for the OTA]
Updated Android Security Patch to March 2022. Increased system security.
- [March 4, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is extending to the Redmi Note 9 in European markets. The build bears the version number V220.127.116.11.RJOEUXM.
Updated Android Security Patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
- [February 25, 2022]: The Redmi Note 9 users in India are getting a new update on the firmware version V18.104.22.168.RJWINXM. It improves privacy by integrating the January 2022 security patch.
- [January 10, 2022]: Redmi Note 9 Pro is receiving a new update globally via the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RJZMIXM. The update optimizes the system stability and improves system security and stability.
Optimized system performance
Improved system security and stability
- [November 6, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro Global variant starts receiving a new security update with minor bug fixes. After the recent MIUI 12.5 Enhanced version rollout, this is the maiden update.
Optimized system performance
Improved system security and stability
- [November 1, 2021]: The MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition update is expanding to Indian units of the Redmi Note 9. The package is bundled with the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RJOINXM. You can read the list of changes here.
- [October 9, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9 Pro units in the home country are receiving a new software update. The build arrives on the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RCOCNXM adds the Enhanced Edition of MIUI 12.5. The variants in other regions will receive a similar update in a short while.
- [October 1, 2021]: Xiaomi has started pushing a new update to the European units of the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The update is rolling out as OTA and is life for the Mi Pilot users. It also bumps up the firmware version to V184.108.40.206.RJZEUXM. Apart from the increase in security, the update brings many fixes for a dozen of bugs. The brand also added new options for the fingerprint scanner. Since the update is live for only Mi Pilot users, it may take some time to reach your unit. However, you can download the recovery ROM by clicking here.
- [September 29, 2021]: Xiaomi has started pushing a new update to the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. The update is live for Mi Pilot users and brings many features and fixes some of the known issue. It comes with the build number V220.127.116.11.RJXINXM and you can download the recovery ROM by clicking here. If your device is running on V18.104.22.168, you can download the OTA update by clicking here. Xiaomi has brought many optimizations which makes the MIUI lighter and faster.
- [September 10, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is receiving another update that optimizes its system performance. The update is rolling out in India on the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RJXINXM. The build reduces the lags in the system and increases its stability. [Recovery ROM]
- [September 3, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro becomes one of the latest devices to grab the MIUI 12.5 update in India. The system version will be bumped to V126.96.36.199.RJWINXM. Also, the package carries a two-month-old security patch, July 2021. Moreover, it brings several new additions to the system and the Notes app. Head here to know the list of changes the Redmi Note 9 Pro will inculcate with the new version.
- [July 28, 2021]: Redmi Note 9 Pro is receiving a new MIUI 12 update. It is a global stable update for the device with firmware version V188.8.131.52.RJZMIXM. The update carries the latest July security patch and some system optimizations.[Download: OTA or Recovery ROM]
- [July 3, 2021]: The Pro Max variant is also joining the Redmi Note 9 for the Android 11 update party. The latest build arrives on firmware version V184.108.40.206.RJXINXM. Also, keep in not that the build only brings Android 11, not the accompanied skin, MIUI 12.5. Tap here to read more.
- [May 24, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G is grabbing the MIUI 12.5 update based on Android 11. The fresh software for the device is out with build number V220.127.116.11.RJSCNXM. As far as features and changes are concerned, visit our dedicated article.
Just like the other Xiaomi device, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max also receive the update in a phase-wise manner. This means that it will require few days to reach all the units. you can also check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > check for updates.