Samsung introduced the Galaxy A23 smartphone in March 2022. The device runs on Android 12 OS out of the box along with One UI 4.1 on top. Underneath, it equips an octa-core Snapdragon 680 4G processor. Galaxy A23 features 6.6 inches PLS LCD screen with an 8 MP selfie shooter. On the other side, there’s a quad-camera island led by a 50MP primary sensor.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly in descending order with the latest update released for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Updates Tracker
- [May 09, 2023]: The latest software update for the Galaxy A23 5G comes with firmware version A236BXXS3CWD4 in Croatia, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, and the UK. This new software brings the May 2023 security patch that fixes over 70 security flaws found in Galaxy smartphones and tablets.
- [March 01, 2023]: The latest software update for the Galaxy A23, which comes with firmware version A235FXXU2CWB4, brings One UI 5.1 and the February 2023 security patch. The update is currently available in Ukraine.
- [February 10, 2023]: Samsung Galaxy A23 5G smartphone is getting the major Android 13 update in the US. The Galaxy A23 5G’s carrier-locked version is rolling out with firmware version A236USQS1BWA2.
- [December 30, 2022]: Samsung is now updating the Galaxy A23 5G with the new Android Update. The new update firmware versions is A236U1UEU1BVL1 and rolling out in US with November 2022 Security Patch.
- [December 06, 2022]: Samsung is now updating the Galaxy A23 LTE with the new OS, 5G One UI 5.0 Android 13. These updates are matched with firmware versions A235FXXU1BVK8 and A236BXXU2BVK7 respectively and are rolling out in Russia and some parts of Europe.
- [October 20, 2022]: Samsung is bringing the September 2022 security Patch for the Galaxy A23 units in New Zealand via the firmware A236EXXU2AVI1.
- [September 13, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A23 5G is receiving its maiden update carrying September 2022 security patch via firmware security A236EXXU2AVI1. The update is globally rolling out in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and many other countries.
- [August 8, 2022]: Galaxy A23 is picking up a new software update in Russia with firmware version A235FXXU1AVG2. The build packs the August 2022 security patch to increase system security. Apart from this, it might as well bring some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [July 4, 2022]: Samsung is kicking off the July 222 security patch for the Galaxy A23. The update carries the firmware version A235FXXU1AVF3 which is available in Germany and Russia. Other regions will also get a hit soon in the coming days.
- [May 19, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A23 is getting a new update in some European countries, including Germany and Russia. The build arrives on firmware version A235FXXU1AVE4 and it packs the May 2022 security patch. Also, it might carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.