Tasker is undoubtedly the finest automation app for Android users. The platform monitors the phone for contexts and performs tasks based on them. Tasker is an extension for the app that lets users create apps from a task or project in less than 10 seconds.
Must see: Best Android Apps to Reduce Eyes Strain
Also, there’s more to its functionality as the team keeps on adding new features to the application. The latest update for Tasker with version 5.12.16 arrives with support for the SAF file system in the App Factory. Moreover, it crushes some reported bugs, improving user experience.
Concerning glitches, the update resolves several bugs like an issue when downloading Google Drive files to external storage in some situations. Apart from this, several more fixes are introduced as mentioned in the changelog.
- Made app factory not use legacy file access and use the new required SAF file system
- Fixed issue when downloading Google Drive files to external storage in some situations
- Show variable values directly in the “Variable Actions For…” dialog that shows up when you long click a variable
- Fixed some situations where editing action and then restarting the activity would result in the inputs for the action resetting
- Fixed some root related actions running in some situations
- Fixed “Multiple Variable Set” action in some situations
However, remember that this is a release candidate update. This means that Tasker 5.12.16 will only be available to beta testers. After crossing the testing stage, a stable new version update will soon roll out for general users as well.
If you want to explore the new version of the Automation app, tap on the button below