According to Xiaomi, MIUI 12.5 stable will be released on April 30. However, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro has started receiving it already. Xiaomi stated that the first batch will receive the stable version from April 30 which includes Mi 9 SE, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition, and Mi 11. However, Mi 11 has received the update earlier and now it’s Mi 10 pro.
Similarly, Xiaomi is planning to push the update for the second batch at the end of May. The second batch includes Xiaomi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi 11 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro, Xiaomi 10S, Redmi K40, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Xiaomi 10 Youth Edition 5G, Redmi K30 Extreme Edition, Redmi 10X, Redmi 10X Pro, Redmi K30S Extreme Edition, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Xiaomi CC9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Xiaomi CC9, Xiaomi CC9 Meitu customized version, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi 9, Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi 9 Pro 5G.
MIUI 12.5 is a major improvement from MIUI 12 in many areas such as system dynamics and sound effects. MIUI 12.5 made some necessary improvements, for example, system memory usage has dropped by an average of 35%, power consumption by 25%, and also reduced super wallpaper power consumption by up to 40%.
MIUI 12.5 features
- Added Android’s first gesture Turbo, which is extremely fast and fluent.
- Added computing power upgrade, 20 times rendering power.
- Made system lighter, faster, and more power-saving.
System animation design :
- Added a new MIUI light cone motion effect architecture, greatly improving the full-scene animation experience.
- Added top-notch aesthetics and dynamic design.
Super Wallpaper :
- New Snow Mountain Super Wallpaper.
Privacy protection :
- Clipboard privacy protection, exposure application reads clipboard behavior, intelligent judgment, and reasonable reading.
- Internet anti-tracking.
- Enhanced prompts and interceptions for enabling dangerous permissions.
- Added third-party fonts to support infinite adjustment of thickness.
- Optimize personalized functions such as wallpaper, animation, and sound of the aggregation system also.