It’s not been even a month since Asus launched ROG Phone 5 launched and the Taiwanese company is totally geared up to catch all eyes towards the smartphone. Within the first week of the announcement, Asus rolled out a couple of updates for ROG Phone 5 that bought certain new features and bug fixes. Now, the high-end handset is grabbing its third update to compete with other OEM variants.
Make sure to check: Possible ASUS ROG Phone 7 (ASUS_I007D) passes Bluetooth SIG website
The latest software brings the firmware version 18.0830.2101.81 to ROG Phone 5. As claimed by the brand, the update tends to fix the display of charging status along with notification LED. Moreover, it snapped a fix for the screen orientation issue and has set the default value of NFC to Off. Take a look at the detailed changelog below:
- Fix screen orientation issue for the rear ROG Vision display which could occur in certain scenarios.
- Fixed issue where charging status and notification LED could show the device is still charging when using the Side Port (USB-c) with USB devices
- Optimize left/right Ultrasonic AirTriggers vibration (may need to reset the click force in settings)
- Fixed issue where a LINE call could trigger an automatic restart
- Set the default value of NFC to Off
As most of the updates take place, this FOTA build is also unfurling to different serial numbers by batches. Accordingly, it may take a while to reach out to your device. Alternatively, you can navigate the update by tapping Settings > System updates > System, in here check if there is new firmware available is available to you.
Also, Asus has provided the manual link to flash the new software. To go for this option, hit the tab below.