OnePlus 8T receives the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 (based on Android 11) update. The update comes in with many systems and stability improvements. Last month, the OnePlus 7 series received the beta update to keep in line with the testing phase.
The new update could be the last beta version of Open Beta build. However, the update makes the experience of one-handed operations faster, smoother, and easier. Functioning is more intuitive than before and it knows your choices and intentions.
The latest update improves the startup speed of apps. There is a fix for the issue of disappearing voice assistant and voice control did not activate in an instant when prompted. It also brings the Android Security Patch version 2021.03 along with itself.
The ambient display is now much better and fixes display red issue. Moreover, it carries fix for the issue of the device’s screen may flash when using a fingerprint to unlock.
There are certain camera improvements including a fix for the issue of DCIM category photos not visible, and the disappearance of Nearby Share is fixed. There are certain connectivity fixes for Bluetooth where the other device could not search 8T via Bluetooth. Wi-Fi connectivity is also better after installign the latest update.
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Newly added time watermark (Go to Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
- Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
- Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
- Zen Mode
- Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
However, the users should know that the update may carry some bugs. The users of the OnePlus 8T can always report bugs, if necessary.