Last month, Asus announced a couple of new addition to the ROG Phone 5 series— ROG Phone 5s and ROG Phone 5s Pro. Before its official launch, the company is already resolving few bugs for the ROG Phone 5s in a pre-release software update.
The first build for the ROG Phone 5s is rolling out through the firmware version WW_18.1220.2107.115. Concluding from the “WW,” we can say that the package will unfurl worldwide. Though we are not sure if you have to flash the update after you take your device out of the box or it will arrive pre-installed.
Regarding changes, the software address some bugs that could hinder the user experience. This includes a fix for an issue where the Aura Light for notifications could flicker and where AirTriggers would become insensitive after opening Taobao APP. Moreover, the problem where the charger could seldomly fail to charge the device is also resolved. Additionally, there are a couple of more things taken care of.
- Fixed issue where Aura Light for notifications could flicker
- Fixed issue where AirTriggers would become insensitive after opening Taobao APP
- Fixed issue when pairing with GX3 Car Dash Camera
- Fixed issue where charger could seldomly fail to charge the device
- Fixed an occasional issue that occurred when using Type-C cable to connect to a monitor
As always, this OTA build is also unfurling to different serial numbers in batches. Accordingly, it may take a while to reach out to your device. Alternatively, you can navigate the update by heading to Settings > System updates > System, click on Download and install if the new firmware available is available for you.