Asus decided to add a new device to the ROG Phone 5 series— ROG Phone 5s. The smartphone comes with Snapdragon 888+ 5G SoC coupled with an octa-core processor and Adreno 660 GPU. The smartphone houses a 6.78-inch AMOLED display paired with up to 256GB of internal storage and 16GB RAM. A 64 MP sensor leads the triple-rear camera module and a 24 MP snapper serves video calling and selfies.
Note: This is an update tracker and the page will be refreshed with every build released for the device. The updates are placed below in descending order (date wise).
Asus ROG Phone 5s Updates Tracker
- [October 25, 2021]: Asus ROG Phone 5s is receiving a new software update worldwide on the firmware version WW_18.1220.2109.149. The package optimizes the call quality and fixes the issue where the car screen is displayed abnormally when the device is connected.
ο Fixed an issue where the car screen is displayed abnormally when the mobile phone is connected to the car to play music.
ο Optimize call quality.
- [October 16, 2021]: Asus is releasing a new update for the ROG Phone 5s that brings a few bug fixes. The update is rolling out via version WW_18.1220.2109.146. Here is what it resolves
ο Fixed issue where App icons would occasionally display incorrectly
ο Fixed an issue where certain game graphics disappeared after pulling down the system notification bar while in-game
ο Fixed an issue where Airplane mode/Do Not Disturb mode would be automatically turned off after using scheduled charging
- [October 4, 2021]: The ROG Phone 5s is receiving a new update on build number EU_18.1220.2109.131. The package brings few bug fixes for a seamless experience. Read the below changelog for precise information
ο Fixed an issue where the volume of LINE & WhatsApp voice messages could not be adjusted
ο Fixed UI related issue with Scenario Profiles in Armoury Crate
ο Fixed the problem of short-term word drop at the beginning of an occasional call
ο Fixed a freeze issue when using Chrome to browse some webpages
- [September 17, 2021]: The new package for the ROG Phone 5s adds current security maintenance and resolves a few bugs. The update is bundled with the firmware version WW_18.1220.2109.126 that brings September 2021 security patch. Also, it addresses some bugs and optimization. Click here to know about the update in detail.
- [September 2, 2021]: Asus is already resolving few bugs for the ROG Phone 5s in a pre-release software update. The update is rolling out through the firmware version WW_18.1220.2107.115. Tap here to know which bugs are being addressed in this build.
As usual, the OTA build is unfurling to different serial numbers in batches. Therefore, it may take a while to reach out to your device. Meanwhile, you can navigate the update via Settings > System updates > System.