Asus unwrapped the ROG Phone 6 Series in July 2022 featuring an IPX4 rated 6.78 inches AMOLED 1B colours display. Underneath, the ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro are powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC. For software, they boost Android 12 out of the box. In the optics department, there’s a 50MP + 13MP + 5MP rear camera module and a 12MP front unit. The Pro model is different from the vanilla one as it is available with up to 18GB RAM and 512GB of internal storage. In addition, it supports Asus’ ROG Vision display on the back, while the basic variant flaunts an illuminated RGB logo.
Note: This is a tracker Page and will be updated with every build released for the Asus Rog Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro.
Asus ROG Phone 6/ ROG Phone 6D Ultimate Updates Tracker
- [November 22, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6D and ROG Phone 6D Ultimate start receiving firmware 31.0840.0840.50. The new update brings several new changes including the October 2022 Security Patch, and several performance and stability fixes. You can check the official changelog below:
Updated Android security patch to 2022-10-05
Improved audio performance and stability
Optimized image and video quality
Enhanced stability of network and communication system
Improved system efficiency, performance, and stability
- [November 20, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6 is receiving a new software update with some optimizations via the firmware 32.2810.2210.220. Earlier this month, the manufacturer rolled October 2022 Security Patch via firmware 32.2810.2210.216. However, a recent update is just improving the stability.
- [October 03, 2022]: Asus is rolling out September 2022 Security Patch for the Asus ROG 6 and 6 Pro WW/EU versions. Apart from the security patches, the Asus ROG Phone features several other advancements. The firmware version 32.2810.2209.195 brings:
Updated Android security patch to 2022-09
Add new “Background Mode” in Game Genie
Optimize sound experience
Optimized system stability
- [September 21, 2022]: Asus Rog Phone 6 and Rog Phone 6D Ultimate Global variants are receiving another major update via the firmware version 31.0830.0830.26. The new update is improving the camera, performance, system stability, communication stability, and much more. It even updates the device to July 2022 Security Patch.
Improved system performance
Improved camera image quality
Improved system stability
Improved fan dongle stability
Improved communication quality
Calibrated battery capacity
Updated Android security patch to 2022-07-05
- [September 13, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro are receiving a major issue fixing AeroActive Cooler 6 button presses which were occasionally not being recognized. The firmware version 32.2810.2208.163 is rolling out for both devices (Global and EU variants). The update even improves system stability.
- [August 31, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the ROG Phone 6 duo that bumps the security maintenance to August 2022. The build arrives on firmware version 32.2810.2208.160. Besides that, it resolves the occasional charging abnormality issue. Moreover, after flashing the update, the touch experience and system stability will be optimized.
Updated Android security patch to 2022-08
Fixed occasional charging abnormality issue
Optimized the touch experience
Optimized system stability
- [August 17, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro start receiving the July 2022 security Patch with the latest firmware version 32.2810.2207.134. Apart from the security patch update, there are new fixes for the TikTok comment area issue. Moreover, the sound experience is optimized, along with other changes as follows:
- Fixed the problem that the interface of the Tiktok comment area was stuck
- Optimize the sound experience
- Increase the screen color temperature adjustable range
- Optimize the AeroActive Cooler 6 experience
- [August 3, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6 series is getting another update with June 2022 security patch. The build bears the firmware version 32.2810.2206.97, which also optimizes the audio experience and system performance. Moreover, it resolves the abnormal charging issue and adjusts the cooling modes of AeroActive Cooler 6.
Updated Android security patch to 2022-06
Optimize the Audio experience
Fixed occasional charging abnormality problem
Adjusted the cooling modes of AeroActive Cooler 6
Optimize system performance
- [July 15, 2022]: Asus is releasing the first software update for the ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro with firmware version 32.2810.2205.63. The package brings the May 2022 security patch. In addition, it resolves a few issues, including poor call quality, abnormal signals when navigating with Google Maps, and more. Check out the official changelog below for precise details.
Updated Android security patch to 2022-05
Fix occasional UI issues when plugging in the charger to AeroActive Cooler 6.
Fix abnormal sound issues when receiving calls during gaming/video playback
Fix issue with button control on AeroActive Cooler 6 while gaming
Fixed occasional poor call quality issue
Fixed occasional abnormal signals when navigating with Google Map
As this is the initial rollout of the update, it usually takes a couple of days to hit all the units. Meanwhile, you can also head over the Settings > Software updates and check for updates to manually check the status of the update.