Asus ZenFone 9 was launched in July 2022 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. The device features a 120Hz 5.9-inch AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass Victus protection. For software, it boosts Android 12 out of the box with up to 16GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. At the front, there’s a 12MP lens, while a 50MP + 12MP dual camera setup is placed at the back. In addition, a 4,300 mAh battery with 30W fast charging support backs up the device.
Note: This is a tracker update and the page will be updated with every build released for Asus ZenFone 9.
Asus ZenFone 9 Updates Tracker
- [August 10, 2023]: Asus is bringing a new software update 33.0804.2060.165 for ZenFone 9. There are several changes that are part of the latest update.
- [April 1, 2023]: Asus Zenfone 9 is receiving a new firmware update for the global as well as the Japanese variant. The firmware version 33.0804.2060.113 is rolling out with the April 2023 Security patch and a few other fixes and changes. Below is the official changelog.
Updated Android security patch to 2023-04-05
Optimized System Stability
Provide a press-and-hold trashcan option to one-time dismiss persistent notifications
Added the ability to hide Gesture indicator bar
- [February 21, 2023]: Asus is bringing a new software update 33.0804.2060.100 for ZenFone 9. There are several changes that are part of the latest update.
- [February 01, 2023]: Asus is bringing a new software update 33.0804.2060.88 for ZenFone 9. There are several changes that are part of the latest update.
- [December 29, 2022]: The Zenfone 9 is Asus’s first phone to get stable Android 13. Zenfone 9 is rolling out in stages based on firmware version 32.2050.2050.43.
- [December 08, 2022]: The Zenfone 9 is Asus’s first phone to get stable Android 13. Zenfone 9 is rolling out in stages based on firmware version 33.0804.2060.65. There are several changes that are part of the latest update.
- [November 11, 2022]: Asus is bringing a new software update 32.2050.2050.34 for ZenFone 9. There are several changes that are part of the latest update. It is rolling out globally and to the variants in the EU and Japan. You can check the changelog below:
Improve system performance
Improved audio performance when using hands-free calls
Adjust the shutter/self-timer volume of the camera app
- [August 3, 2022]: Asus is rolling a new update for the ZenFone 9 smartphone. It comes with the firmware version number 32.2030.2030.26. The update includes the August 2022 Security patch to the device. It also brings optimizes the system stability and performance of the device. Asus also adds the smart volume function along with updating Audio Wizard Settings. Other changes include updated CS/VOIP call RX setting, and enabled US_TMO/MY_Unifi VoLTE & MY_Digi/MY_Celcom VoLTE/VoWiFi. It is rolling out as Over the Air (OTA) & will take some to reach your unit.
- [August 3, 2022]: Asus is releasing the first software update for the ZenFone 9 with firmware version 32.2004.2004.84. The build carries a few optimizations across the system, including camera and audio experience. In addition, it adds Wi-Fi setting for mobile operator Orange. Moreover, it will allow enabling/disabling 5G SA for SIM1 / SIM 2.
- Optimized system performance.
- Optimized system stability.
- Optimized Audio performance.
- Optimized camera image quality.
- 5G SA can be force enable or disable for SIM1 / SIM 2
- Add Wi-Fi setting for mobile operator Orange.
As usual, the update is rolling out in phases, which means it will hit a limited number of users at first. The build will reach out to everyone within a week. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings > Software updates and check for updates manually.