A Couple of days back, Samsung has officially launched the brand new Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) with a 6.5-inch display and Exynos 990 Chipset. In-camera, it features a 12-MP + 8-MP + 12-MP Triple rear camera and a 32-MP single front-facing camera. The device comes in 6/8GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage capacity.
Related: Realme X2 Pro Updates Tracker.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding Samsung Galaxy Fan Edition (FE).
Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) Updates Tracker
- [January 6, 2021]: The smartphone is receiving the Android 12 update with firmware version G780FXXS8DUL6. You can learn more about the update by heading here.
- [December 23, 2021]: The December 2021 security patch update is extending to the 5G variants of Galaxy S20 FE. The build is live in Spain via firmware version G781BXXS4CUL3. Besides the patch, the PDA can also include general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [December 16, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the December 2021 security patch to Galaxy S20 FE. The update is rolling out in New Zealand through the firmware version G780FXXS8CUKA. While other markets will also bag the patch soon.
- [November 10, 2021]: The Exynos 990 variant of the Galaxy S20 FE is getting November 2021 Patch. The update arrives on the firmware version G780FXXS7CUI5, which is currently rolling out in various Asian and European markets.
- [November 4, 2021]: Galaxy S20 FE is receiving the November 2021 security patch on firmware version G780GXXU3AUJ2. The update is currently live for the Snapdragon variant in Australia and the Philippines. Besides the dozens of fixes added by the patch, the update can also carry some general bugs and device stability improvements.
- [October 11, 2021]: The October 2021 security patch is expanding to the Exynos variant of Galaxy S20 FE. The update arrives on build number G780FXXS7CUI5 which is currently rolling gout in Russia.
- [October 7, 2021]: Samsung is frequently expanding the current security maintenance for the Galaxy S20 FE. The latest regions receiving the October 2021 security patch are Australia, Malaysia, and the Philippines. The patch addresses over 60 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security. Additionally, it could carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [October 4, 2021]: The October 2021 security patch has started to hit the 4G units of Galaxy S20 FE weighing 203MB in size. The update arrives on build number G781BXXS4CUI1/G781BOXM4CUH5/G781BXXU4CUH5. Besides, do not expect any other changes to accompany the new software.
- [October 4, 2021]: The European units of Galaxy S20 FE have started to receive the current security maintenance, October 2021. The update can be identified by the firmware version G781BXXS4CUI1. Though Samsung has not yet detailed this patch, we expect it to carry some bug fixes and address some vulnerabilities.
- [August 31, 2021]: Before the beginning of next month, Samsung has already started sending the September 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S21 FE 4G. The build bears the firmware version G781BXXU4CUH5 that weighs around 790MB in size. Besides upgrading the patch, the update claims to improve the device’s stability.
- [August 11, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 FE 5G is now receiving the current security maintenance, August 2021. The firmware is unfurling in European markets on build number G781BXXU4CUH1. The fresh build may device stability improvements and some general bug fixes. As per Samsung’s documentation, the patch fixes almost 40 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
- [August 2, 2021]: The 4G Exynos models of the Galaxy S20 FE are grabbing a new update that brings the August 2021 security patch. The build is rolling out in European countries including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Slovakia, and Switzerland on firmware version G780FXXU5CUG6.
- [July 14, 2021]: Samsung is sending the July 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S20 FE smartphone. The devices with model SM-G780G are grabbing the update in Malaysia via firmware version G780GXXU1AUG2. While the Galaxy S20 FE devices with model number SM-G781B are picking the update in European countries through the G781BXXU3CUG2 version.
- [June 8, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 FE 5G units are grabbing the June 2021 security patch update. The update arrives on firmware version G781BXXU3CUE3 in Europe and Belgium. The package does not carry anything apart from security improvements. The patch addresses 34 fixes for the Android OS and resolves 19 risks from Samsung’s own software. Also, the update will be released shortly for the 4G variant as well.
- [April 12, 2021]: After pushing the April 2021 security patch to the 4G variant of Galaxy S20 FE, Samsung is sending the same to Galaxy S20 FE 5G. The latest build for Galaxy S20 FE 5G carries the firmware version G781BXXU2CUD1. Unlike the update bagged by the standard variant, this is expected to bring more than a bump in security level. Also, the package initially started rolling out to Middle East countries like Europe and Iran. Though, it is steadily making way to more regions
- [March 31, 2021]: Samsung has now started cultivating the April 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S20 FE users. The update bears the firmware version G780FXXS2CUC8 for the 4G variant of Galaxy S20 FE. However, the update will also be released shortly for the 5G variant too. As it is a monthly security update, it doesn’t include any significant changes apart from the bug fixes, improvements for apps & system performance, optimizations, etc.
- [March 25, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 FE is engaging an update that includes some fascinating Galaxy S21 camera features. The update can be identified with the firmware version G781BXXU2CUC6 that drives in new effects for Galaxy S20 FE 5G camera. It is currently rolling out in European countries, while other regions will also get a hit soon. However, it is not available for the LTE version of the Galaxy S20 FE. To know more about this update, visit our dedicated page.
- [March 18, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has now started receiving the March 2021 Security Patch update. The update bears the version RP1A.200720.012.G781VSQU2DUC1, which is rolling out in the United States. The build doesn’t accompany any significant changes and new additional items or highlights. So, the security updates usually accompany user-reported bug fixes, improvements, optimizations, etc.
- [February 03, 2021]: The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE users have started receiving February 2021 Security patch update. The security patch level is dated February 1st, 2021 and this update is spinning on the G780FXXS2BUA5 Firmware version. The changelog of this update is currently unavailable and as it is a security patch update, it might include Optimizations, Bug fixes, improvements, etc. In case if the company adds any new features via this update then you will be experiencing them while using your device.
- [January 06, 2021]: Samsung has finally started seeding ou the January 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S20 FE users. The update is rolling out in many regions and already many of the users have started experiencing it. The Security patch update might include bug fixes for known/reported issues, enhancements, and improvements. However, you will be undergoing all the changes while using your device.
- [December 20, 2020]: After a couple of months after its release, Samsung has now started seeding out the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update for the Galaxy S20 FE smartphones. The update with the G780FXXU1BTL1 Firmware version is currently rolling out in Russia along with the December 2020 Security patch. Talking about the new features, as it is the major update, it might come with plenty of new changes, add-ons, and modifications. However, you will be experiencing them while using your device.
- [October 13, 2020]: The Galaxy S20 FE devices have started receiving their first update with the October 2020 Security patch update. The update appears on the G781BXXU1ATJ1 Firmware version, and it is rolling limitedly in various countries. As of now, there’s no official Changelog from the company. So, the update might also include bug fixes for known issues, optimizations, and improvements.
Like all other updates, it is also spinning out in a phased manner and is expected to reach all the smartphones within a week. You can also check the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates. Also, make sure to switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.