A Couple of days back, Samsung has officially launched the brand new Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) with a 6.5-inch display and Exynos 990 Chipset. In-camera, it features a 12-MP + 8-MP + 12-MP Triple rear camera and a 32-MP single front-facing camera. The device comes in 6/8GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage capacity.
Related: Realme X2 Pro Updates Tracker.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding Samsung Galaxy Fan Edition (FE).
Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) Updates Tracker
- [July 14, 2021]: Samsung is sending the July 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S20 FE smartphone. The devices with model SM-G780G are grabbing the update in Malaysia via firmware version G780GXXU1AUG2. While the Galaxy S20 FE devices with model number SM-G781B are picking the update in European countries through the G781BXXU3CUG2 version.
- [June 8, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 FE 5G units are grabbing the June 2021 security patch update. The update arrives on firmware version G781BXXU3CUE3 in Europe and Belgium. The package does not carry anything apart from security improvements. The patch addresses 34 fixes for the Android OS and resolves 19 risks from Samsung’s own software. Also, the update will be released shortly for the 4G variant as well.
- [April 12, 2021]: After pushing the April 2021 security patch to the 4G variant of Galaxy S20 FE, Samsung is sending the same to Galaxy S20 FE 5G. The latest build for Galaxy S20 FE 5G carries the firmware version G781BXXU2CUD1. Unlike the update bagged by the standard variant, this is expected to bring more than a bump in security level. Also, the package initially started rolling out to Middle East countries like Europe and Iran. Though, it is steadily making way to more regions
- [March 31, 2021]: Samsung has now started cultivating the April 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S20 FE users. The update bears the firmware version G780FXXS2CUC8 for the 4G variant of Galaxy S20 FE. However, the update will also be released shortly for the 5G variant too. As it is a monthly security update, it doesn’t include any significant changes apart from the bug fixes, improvements for apps & system performance, optimizations, etc.
- [March 25, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 FE is engaging an update that includes some fascinating Galaxy S21 camera features. The update can be identified with the firmware version G781BXXU2CUC6 that drives in new effects for Galaxy S20 FE 5G camera. It is currently rolling out in European countries, while other regions will also get a hit soon. However, it is not available for the LTE version of the Galaxy S20 FE. To know more about this update, visit our dedicated page.
- [March 18, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has now started receiving the March 2021 Security Patch update. The update bears the version RP1A.200720.012.G781VSQU2DUC1, which is rolling out in the United States. The build doesn’t accompany any significant changes and new additional items or highlights. So, the security updates usually accompany user-reported bug fixes, improvements, optimizations, etc.
- [February 03, 2021]: The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE users have started receiving February 2021 Security patch update. The security patch level is dated February 1st, 2021 and this update is spinning on the G780FXXS2BUA5 Firmware version. The changelog of this update is currently unavailable and as it is a security patch update, it might include Optimizations, Bug fixes, improvements, etc. In case if the company adds any new features via this update then you will be experiencing them while using your device.
- [January 06, 2021]: Samsung has finally started seeding ou the January 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S20 FE users. The update is rolling out in many regions and already many of the users have started experiencing it. The Security patch update might include bug fixes for known/reported issues, enhancements, and improvements. However, you will be undergoing all the changes while using your device.
- [December 20, 2020]: After a couple of months after its release, Samsung has now started seeding out the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update for the Galaxy S20 FE smartphones. The update with the G780FXXU1BTL1 Firmware version is currently rolling out in Russia along with the December 2020 Security patch. Talking about the new features, as it is the major update, it might come with plenty of new changes, add-ons, and modifications. However, you will be experiencing them while using your device.
- [October 13, 2020]: The Galaxy S20 FE devices have started receiving their first update with the October 2020 Security patch update. The update appears on the G781BXXU1ATJ1 Firmware version, and it is rolling limitedly in various countries. As of now, there’s no official Changelog from the company. So, the update might also include bug fixes for known issues, optimizations, and improvements.
Like all other updates, it is also spinning out in a phased manner and is expected to reach all the smartphones within a week. You can also check the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates. Also, make sure to switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.