It’s been a while since Asus released its ZenFone 8 series namely, ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip. It seems that the company is giving special attention to the series as it has sent several updates to the duo. Now the company is pushing another software update for the ZenFone 8 Flip.
Make sure to visit: Download Android Studio 4.2: New Features and Changes in the Bag
The new build arrives on the firmware version RU_188.8.131.52 for the ZenFone 8 Flip. The ‘RU’ indicates that the software is currently rolling out in Russia for model number ZS672KS.
The package brings a couple of additions to the ZenFone 8 Flip. Also, it brings several optimizations and improvements with the camera app, system stability, and several other aspects. Along with this, the update also addresses some issues and brings fixes for the same. Look at the entire changelog below for further reference.
- Added gesture detection sensitivity in one-handed mode
- Added SMS type QR code support in ASUS Camera app
- Fixed the problem that some apps cannot be set to full-screen mode
- Fixed issue which could cause Gboard settings to periodically change back to default values
- Fixed Status bar display issue
- Improved issue where playback of Netflix HDR videos would stutter after a short while
- Optimized call quality
- Improved camera quality
- Optimized system stability
- Enabled VoLTE on Telekom (Germany)
- Enabled VoLTE on Tele2 (Russia)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on O2 (Czech Republic)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on Telia (Norway & Finland)
- Enabled VoLTE on MTS (Russia)
- Enabled VoLTE on Orange (Spain)
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in batches, making it take more time to hit every unit. If you have a ZenFone 8 Flip, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can flash the firmware via Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.