As announced yesterday at Google IO 2014 Keynote that now Android’s most of the security measures and gaming features will be present Google Play Services unless to that of new Android version. Now, Google is rolling out the new Google Play Services 5.0 to its users with enhanced security, Gaming features and much more things.
Android Head, Sundar Pichai stated how it’s faster and easier to update Google Play Services than sending out an OTA or doing a point-release of Android that then has to go to each carrier to be approved. The important features are the new extended Play Games features, which bring a new Game Profile feature for features and for leaderboard use. Android Wear support within the Play Services.
Google Play Services 5.0 features
- Services for Android wearables — Your apps can more easily communicate and sync with code running on Android wearables through an automatically synchronized, persistent data store and a reliable messaging interface.
- Play Games services — Build a great gaming experience with Quests, which allow event-based challenges for players to complete for rewards, Saved Games (a snapshot API allow synchronization of game data along with a cover-image and description), and Game Profile (providing experience points for players).
- App Indexing API — Surface deep content in your native mobile applications on Google search and drive additional user engagement.
- Google Cast — Use media tracks to enable closed-caption support for Chromecast.
- Drive — Sort query results, create offline folders, and select any mime type in the file picker by default.
- Wallet — Build a “Save to Wallet” button for offers directly into your app; use geo-fenced in-store notifications to prompt the user to show and scan digital cards. Split tender allows payment to be split between Wallet Balance and a credit/debit card in Google Wallet.
- Analytics — Get insights into the full user journey and understand how different user acquisition campaigns are performing with Enhanced Ecommerce, letting you measure product impressions, product clicks, and more.
- Mobile Ads — Use improved in-app purchase ads and integrations for the Play store in-app purchase API client.
- Dynamic Security Provider — Offers an alternative to the platform’s secure networking APIs that can be updated more frequently, for faster delivery of security patches.
Currently update is rolling out to many devices and in next few days it will be fully rolled out. If you can;t wait you can sideload the Play Services 5.0 APK by Download it from Mediafire Link.
Announcements From Google IO 2014
- Android L Revealed Officially
- Android L’s Project Volta Detailed
- What Is Google’s Material Design For Android L
- Android One: A New Program For Low Cost Phone For Developing Markets
- Android Wear: Wearables Evolution
- Moto 360 Gets Detailed
More Coming Soon!! Stay Connected!!