After announcing the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for OnePlus 9R and OnePlus 9RT, it’s time for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8T. The new update for the OnePlus 8 series devices will bring Airtel 5G connectivity support along with the luxuries of Android 13. However, you can upgrade to the OOS 13 Open Beta, but make sure you are ready for some hassle as there are some known bugs.
The users running OxygenOS 12 version (C.35) on the devices can upgrade to the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 flawlessly. However, there is some known issue that you must know before making your decision to upgrade or not.
Abnormal display of charging prompt under screen lock.
Video below 300K resolution recorded by the camera cannot be sent via MMS.
More function icon in the editing interface of the control centre is displayed incorrectly.
There’s no denying that the upgrade carries some bugs, but there’s a plethora of new features that the OxygenOS 13 build is carrying. here’s the official changelog listing all the new features of the OxygenOS 13 update:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Optimizes the pre-launch capabilities of Quick startup to load games faster.
However, make sure you are running the latest build on the OxygenOS 12 (C.25) and that you have at least 5.5 GB of storage left on your device. Now, you can download the respective upgrade files and then go to Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Browse the File > Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
We hope you installed the OOS 13 Open Beta on the respective device successfully.