Samsung‘s Galaxy A71 was dispatched back in March of 2021 with Android 11-based One UI 3.1 on the top. The phone features a 6.7-inch display, a quad rear camera, and a 32-MP selfie camera. There’s 5,000 mAh coupled with 25W Fast Charging support. It is powered by a Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm) Chipset paired with 6/8GB of RAM and 128/256GB onboard storage.
Related: Asus rolls out the first software update for ZenFone 8 series.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be refreshed frequently with the updates of the Samsung Galaxy A72 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A72 Update Tracker
- [February 14, 2023]: The Galaxy A72 has started getting a new software update. The latest software update for the Galaxy A72, which is rolling out in India, comes with firmware version A725FXXS5CWB2. It brings the February 2023 security patch, which fixes over four dozen security vulnerabilities.
- [January 23, 2023]: Galaxy A72 is getting a new update that improves the system’s privacy. The build integrates the January 2023 security patch via the firmware version A725FXXU4CWA2.
- [October 20, 2022]: The Slovenia, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, and Croatian units of the galaxy A72 are receiving the October 2022 Security Patch via the firmware A725FXXS4BVI2.
- [September 6, 2022]: The Russian units of Galaxy A72 are getting a new update that improves the system’s privacy. The build integrates the August 2022 security patch on firmware version A725FXXU4BVG2. The patch addresses dozens of vulnerabilities to protect your device from third-party threats. In addition, the update will bring a new version of some stock apps, including Notes, Internet, Members, Calculator, and Voice Recorder.
- [July 25, 2022]: Galaxy A72 is picking up a new update in some countries, including Russia and India. The build arrives on firmware version A725FXXU4BVG1 integrated the July 2022 security patch. In addition, it brings also some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [June 8, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the June 2022 security patch for the Galaxy A72. Arriving on firmware version A725FXXU4BVE3, the build is available in Malaysia, while more countries could get the update within the next few days.
- [May 24, 2022]: Galaxy A72 is receiving a new update in some Asian and most European countries with May 2022 Security Patch. The build arrives on firmware version A725FXXS4BVE2.
Precisely, the update is available in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Portugal, Romania, Southeast Europe, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, the Baltic region, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- [May 5, 2022]: Samsung is spinning off the goodness of Android 12 to Galaxy A72. Further, it is tossed with the One UI 4.1 skin iteration and March 2022 Security Patch. Arriving on firmware version A725MUBU4BVC1, the build is rolling out in Brazil. It will soon unfurl to more regions as well.
- [April 1, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A72 is getting the March 2022 Security Patch via a new update. The build bumps the firmware version to A725FXXU4BVC1 which is currently rolling out in Russia, while it will soon expand to more regions as well.
- [March 15, 2022]: The Galaxy A72 is receiving the February 2022 Security Patch update. This time, the build is rolling out in India via firmware version E225FXXU4AVB1. Besides security and privacy, the update also improves Samsung stock apps, including Notes Add-ons, Internet, Notes, Members, and Calculator.
- [March 1, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the February 2022 Security Patch for Galaxy A72. For now, the build is rolling out in Russia via firmware version A725FXXU4BVB4.
- [September 6, 2021]: The Galaxy A72 is getting the September 2021 security patch in Russia. The build carries the firmware version A725FXXU4AUH2. Though the company has not detailed the current security patch, it could include bug fixes and improve the device’s stability. Otherwise, no new additions or changes are accompanying the package.
- [July 31, 2021]: Galaxy A72 is receiving a new software update that brings the August 2021 security patch to the device. The build is unfurling in a few countries including Russia and Ukraine on firmware version A725FXXU3AUG2. This is a minor bump in the security level and does not add any new features.
- [May 17, 2021]: Samsung has begun sending the May 2021 Security Patch update for the Galaxy A72 smartphone users The update was first spotted by SamNext, and it is occurring in Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, and Kazakhstan. The firmware version A725FXXU2AUE1 can identify the latest update.
Regarding the changes, the update enhances Quick Share and improves the file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quick Share. Additionally, it supports background effects function during the video call via some 3rd party apps. Lastly, it also brings improvements to the Camera performance and calls quality.
Note: As always, the OTA updates are rolled out in a phased manner. So, users need to wait for a few days to experience the update.
Up Next: Redmi Note 8 (2021) spotted on FCC with Helio G85 processor.
To check the update manually, the Galaxy A71 users can navigate to Settings > Software updates > check for the updates. It is also suggested to maintain at least 60% of charging before updating to prevent carrier data charges.