Recently Asus launched a successor series of ZenFone 7— ZenFone 8 and the ZenFone 8 Flip. It’s not been even a week and the Taiwanese giant is rolling a fresh software update to the new flagship. Keeping in view the early update, it seems that Asus has fastened up its update speed now.
Make sure to visit: Download the latest wallpapers by Google Chrome OS here
The new software for the duo updates the firmware version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively. The package includes some new features with a couple of fixes along with a bump in the security level.
Concerning features, the build brings a couple of new traits including one-hand mode, Document mode (camera app), a capsule-style icon in the status bar, priority mode (settings), and the search function in Force Dark Mode.
As mentioned, the first firmware also addresses some fixes apart from the one bought by the security patch. However, despite being the software rolling out now, the build includes last month’s level, April 2021. Look out for the entire changelog for more details.
- Improved system stability
- Improved system performance
- Added one-hand mode and guidance instructions
- Improved fingerprint unlock animation
- Added Document mode to the ASUS Camera
- Added capsule-style icon in the status bar for specific scenarios such as phone calls, sound recordings, etc.
- Adjusted the opening animation of the front camera
- Improved camera quality
- Added priority mode in ASUS Settings
- Added search function in Force Dark Mode.
- Enabled VoLTE on Telia (Lithuania)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWifi on ICE (Norway)
- Updated Android security patch
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in batches, making it take more time to hit every unit. If you have an Asus ZenFone 8 or ZenFone 8 Flip, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can flash the firmware via Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.