In March 2021, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Xcover 5 smartphone featuring a 5.3-inch PLS IPS display. The phone offers Android 11 OS out of the box with One UI 2.0 on top paired with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM. Under the hood, it equips an octa-core processor-based Exynos 850 chipset. There’s a 16MP single rear camera and a single 5MP sensor on the other side.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated will every build released for the device.
Galaxy Xcover 5 Updates Tracker
The updates are listed in descending order with the latest one at the top.
- [December 19, 2022]: The Galaxy Xcover 5 (SM-G525F) update is rolling out with the firmware build number G525FXXS5CVL4. It packs the December 2022 security patch with is rolling out globally.
- [June 15, 2022]: Samsung is finally releasing the goodness of Android 12 to the Galaxy Xcover 5 along with the extensive One UI 4.1 features. The package is available in France as of now with firmware version G525FXXU5BVE5. In addition, it increases privacy by integrating the May 2022 security patch.
- [March 28, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5 is getting a new update with the firmware version G525FXXU5AVC1. It packs the March 2022 security patch with is rolling out across Southeast Europe.
- [November 26, 2021]: The Galaxy Xcover 5 is receiving the November 2021 security patch. Arriving on firmware version G525FXXS4AUK4, the update is currently live in Argentina. Besides the dozens of fixes added by the patch, the build does not carry any other changes.
- [August 17, 2021]: Samsung is sending the August 2021 security patch to the Galaxy Xcover 5. The update is rolling out through the G525FXXS3AUH1 firmware version. At present, it is presently limited to Asian and European countries. The current maintenance fixes 40 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. Also, it could probably address some bug fixes and bring the device stability.
- [July 1, 2021]: Samsung has begun seeding the July 2021security patch update to the Galaxy XCover 5. The firmware G525FXXS3AUF5 brings improvements for overall stability. We can also expect a few bug fixes and improvements in this update. Click here to know more about this build.
As usual, the OTA update is rolling out in phases. You can either wait for a pop-up notification or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.