Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip at an unpacked event in 2021. Underneath, both feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G SoC with 8/12GB of RAM and 128/256/512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. It ran on OneUI 3.5 based on Android 11 out of the box. Later Samsung rolled out OneUI 4.0 based on Android 12 and OneUI 5.0 based on Android 13 updates. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 was the first fold device to feature support for Spen.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 Updates Tracker
- [March 01, 2023]: The Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G is getting the new software update with the firmware version TP1A.220624.014.F711USQU3FWB1 while the Fold 3 5G is getting the new software update with the firmware version TP1A.220624.014.F926USQU2FWAC with the February 2023 security Update.
- [February 13, 2023]: The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is getting One UI 5.1 update with the firmware version F711BXXU4EWB1 while the Fold 3 is getting the Samsung One UI 5.1 update with the software version F926BTBU3EWB1. These new software updates are rolling out in India and Thailand.
- [January 27, 2023]: Samsung rolled out the January 2023 security patch to the version of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip 3 in the US. the Galaxy Z Fold 3 carries the firmware version F926U1UEU2EWA2 and the one for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 comes with firmware version F711U1UEU3EWA2. The January 2023 security patch fixes more than fifty security issues.
- [January 18, 2023]: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now getting the January 2023 security update in Europe. The latest update is rolling out via version F926BXXS2DWA3 carrying January 2023 Security Update.
- [January 6, 2023]: Samsung is rolling out a new update for both the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 smartphones. The update is live for the Verizon units of the smartphones carrying the December 2022 Security patch. It comes with the firmware version F926USQU2EVL9 for Z Flip 3 and F711USQU3EVL9 for Z Fold 3. Apart from the security patch, it brings performance improvements and stability to the device.
- [December 08, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out firmware version F711BXXS3DVKB for the Galaxy Z Flip 3, while the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is getting the update with firmware version F926BXXS2DVKB. The firmware update is currently available in Europe and carries the December 2022 Security Patch.
- [November 09, 2022]: The Korean giant is rolling out the OneUI 5.0 Beta update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3. The update carriers the November 2022 Security Patch and is now rolling out to the users in India. However, it seems to be the final Beta update, and the Stable update launch seems imminent.
- [October 18, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out OneUI 5.0 Beta 2 for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 smartphones. It’s been just a few days since the launch of the OneUI 5.0 Beta program for both devices.
Old Story Follows…
After the SDC’22, Samsung is extending the availability of One UI 5.0 beta for more of its smartphones. The latest ones to join the Android 13-based beta group are Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. Now that the duo has joined the beta program, the stable build is likely to release in a couple of months. Meanwhile, here’s how you can try out new features before that.
Make sure to visit: Download Samsung Health App Latest Version [Old Version Archive]
The Android 13-based One UI 5.0 beta update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in the US. On the other hand, the recruitment is restricted to South Korea and the UK for the Galaxy Z Flip 3. Anyway, we can expect more regions to join along soon in the coming days.
As for changes, the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 beta update will pack a plethora of features. To name a few, it includes new Material You theming colors, tweaked notifications icons, stacked widgets, new multi-tasking gestures, enhanced privacy and security, and much more. Moreover, it will bring OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature that will allow the user to copy text from an image and keyboard.
How to flash One UI 5.0 Beta?
To download the One UI 5.0 beta on your device, download the Samsung Members app and follow the below steps:
- Visit the Notification Page and click on the Register for One UI Beta Program link
- After that, Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, go to the device’s Settings > gear icon > Download and install.
- Lastly, submit the feedback via the Samsung Members app.
Related: Samsung initiates One UI 5.0 beta for Galaxy Note 20 series
Before flashing the package, keep in mind that the beta updates are loaded with bugs and glitches that can hinder the user experience. Therefore, we do not recommend you flash it on your primary phone. Lastly, do not forget to take a backup of your data before joining the beta group.