Every month, Google rolls out updates to its services, including Android, Wear OS, Android TV, and other platforms. This time, the tech giant has released the March 2022 update to the Play system.
Concerning changes, the update does not carry any significant modifications. However, it does mention a plethora of improvements, including a “critical” fix for Android, Android Auto, Android TV, and Wear OS. Moreover, it addresses bugs related to “device connectivity, developer services, safety & emergency, and utilities related services.” Check out the official changelog below.
- [Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for device connectivity, developer services, safety & emergency, and utilities related services. 
- [Phone, TV] With the update to the Play Games Services profile, users will be able to better manage their privacy settings. 
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times. 
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs. 
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing. 
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe. 
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility. 
- [Phone] Improved user experience and feature education for NFC/HCE-enabled devices. 
- Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, stability, security, and updatability. 
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, accessibility, analytics & diagnostics and machine learning & AI, and security & privacy-related developer services in their apps. 
 Available through Google Play system update for March.
 Available through Google Play services v22.09 updated on 03/01/2022.
 Available through Google Play Store v29.5 updated on 03/01/2022.