The Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones have already got the EMUI 11 update a few days. Now, Huawei has begun pushing the EMUI 11 stable update to the Huawei Mate 20 X users. The update carrying the build number EMUI 126.96.36.199 weighs around 1.85GB in size and rolling out Globally.
According to the changelog, it fuels a bunch of new features, add-ons, improvements to apps and others, and it may also incorporate optimizations for the camera, etc. Some of the new features consist of Always On Display (AOD), Multiwindow mode, Smoother animation, Subtle effect, Super Notepad, Lasting smoothness, and many more. Nevertheless, you will be able to experience all the changes while using your device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
As it is an initial release, it generally takes a week to appear on all the smartphones as the update needs to be verified. However, you can check it manually from Settings>Software updates>Check for the updates. The update can also be checked manually from the Support app. To do that, open the Support App>Services tab>Update>Check for updates. If the update is available, we suggest you install it as soon as possible to experience improved performance.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications
- 7.2-inch OLED display (1080 x 2244 pixels)
- Kirin 980 (7 nm) Chipset
- 6/8GB RAM and 128/256GB internal storage
- Triple rear camera and a 24-MP single selfie camera
- Android 9.0 (Pie) based EMUI 9.1 (Skin)
- 5,000 mAh battery