Instagram now rolls out Dark Mode for its stable app on both Android 10 and iOS 13 platforms. However, Insta Dark Mode is working on Android 9 Pie with system-wide dark mode. Earlier the Dark Mode is available in Instagram Beta for quite some time. Instagram Head, Adam Mosseri posted a tweet with information about Dark Mode roll out on Android and iOS.
Along with Dark Mode, Instagram is also removing the following tab from activity feed. The tab will now focus on a user’s own activity instead. Since August the company has started removing the following tab feature from a limited set of users. But now with the latest update, the feature will be removed by this week.
Advantages of Instagram Dark mode
- If you’re using OLED or AMOLED display panels, you can save some battery.
- It improves the readability of text, If you’re reading some article or news dark mode is good.
- Dark mode reduces the Eye Strain.
- The screen glare is reduced and Blue light effect is also minimized.
- Improve some medical conditions
- Sleep Better
To use Instagram Dark Mode you should have the latest version of the app. If you’re using latest version of the app Dark Mode will be triggered automatically if the system-wide dark theme is enabled. You can download the latest version of Instagram from Play Store by going through the link below.
Instagram – Play Store link