It has been a month since Nothing unveiled its first smartphone, Nothing Phone (1). Nothing has already pushed three updates to the smartphone since its launch. The first update came with Connect to Tesla feature, while the other came with July 2022 security patch & improvements. Nothing has started pushing a new update to the device with the build number 1.1.3. The update brings many advances in the camera and other areas. The CEO itself confirmed the update in a tweet.
Even though the update weighs around 64MB, it brings many fixes for various issues the device faces. The update redesigns the UI of fingerprint verification for third-party apps. It also adds the option to turn on Google’s Adaptive Battery feature. It improves the quality of images taken using the front camera. The update also increases the speed of HDR processing and Night modes. It also decreases the noise levels and increases the sharpness while zooming. The camera app will also remind you to clean the lens once it is dirty. Here is the detailed changelog of the update;
- Added option to turn on Google’s Adaptive Battery to intelligently optimize battery life.
- Redesigned fingerprint verification UI for 3rd party apps.
- When using Glyph lighting, images are automatically adjusted to optimal color and brightness.
- Improved photo clarity when using the front camera.
- Faster Night Mode and HDR photo processing time.
- Richer color saturation when using the ultra-wide camera.
- Reduced noise and increased sharpness when using zoom.
- Added reminder to clean the camera lenses.
Bug fixes and performance optimizations
- Resolved an issue that caused stuttering in some apps like Twitter, Play Store, etc.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the mobile hotspot from working properly.
- Fixed issue that caused the lock screen to crash after tapping on a notification and then trying to use finger unlock.
- Polished minor UI details.
- General bug fixes.
Since the update is rolling out Over the Air (OTA), it will take some time to reach all the units of Nothing Phone (1). Do let us know if you have received the update or not.