Samsung is all set on fire! It is pushing updates just like water to flowers. In the middle of February, the company sent out its customized One UI 3.1 skin to Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20. Now, Galaxy Z Fold2 users will experience One UI 3.1 update.
Though One UI 3.1 is based on Android 11, it includes some extra features like camera improvements such as enhanced single take mode, an object eraser, and video call effects for some apps. Additionally, there is a blockchain-powered Private Share feature along with smart home controls in the Quick Settings and other minor UX changes. However, you can compare the features with the old One UI 3.0.
The latest Galaxy Z Fold2 will be tasting the new update all across the globe. The Korean giant took to the official Samsung Blog to inform about the new update.
One UI 3.1 Features
- Multi-tasking: On the Galaxy Z Fold2, users can now instantly return to up to three previously opened Multi-Active Windows on the Main Screen via the Recents tab. Users can also bring two Multi-Active Windows directly from the Main Screen to the Cover Screen via the Recents tab.
- Multi-Active Window: Need to reply to an urgent message while checking a document? The latest update allows users to launch Multi-Active Window directly from notifications in the Quick Panel. Just long-press, drag and drop the relevant notification to open apps with Multi-Active Window.
- Simplified interactions: The latest update makes routine interactions on the Galaxy Z Fold2 easier and faster. Users no longer need to reach for the power button to turn off the screen. By enabling the ‘Palm touch to turn off screen’ feature in settings, both the Cover and Main Screen can be put on standby with a touch of the palm or a double-tap.
One UI 3 brings added flexibility to the Camera app. When shooting in Flex mode, the position of the controls can be adjusted for greater comfort. Following suggestions from users, Samsung also added a Delete and Share button to the preview window in Flex mode.
- Camera: Notifications in the Quick Panel are now categorized, and you can switch between different media controls in the Quick Panel by swiping. The weather widgets on the Cover and Main Screen are also synced so users can get the same information, no matter how they use the phone.
- Natural and Comfortable Visual Experiences: The visual experience on Galaxy Z Fold2’s immersive Main Screen is even more comfortable. When making video calls in Flex mode, users can fill the top half of the display with the video of the person they are speaking to.
- Video Call: The updated Light and Dark themes bring extra depth to the overall visual experience on the Galaxy Z Fold2 while the redesigned vertical volume slider further minimizes clutter on the screen.