OnePlus was supposed to roll out OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 6 series a couple of months back. But somehow, they got an upgraded version of OxygenOS 10, OxygenOS 10.3.11. According to the re-framed timeline, the duo was scheduled to grab the latest skin by late August. Moving ahead of its roadmap, OnePlus is finally sending OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
OnePlus has issued a to-the-point changelog that carries some OxygenOS 11 features such as new visual UI, several new additions, optimizations, and much more. Here’s what you will get after flashing the new beta.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Though the installation of beta update will not erase the device’s internal storage. Still, OnePlus recommends the user to take the backup for the safe side.
Also, to assist the users, OnePlus has provided the option to switch back to the previous stable channel. Additionally, the brand warns the users to proceed with caution as the beta builds for smartphones are likely to carry bugs.