Xiaomi is briskly releasing its latest skin, MIUI 12.5 to all the eligible flagships. For a couple of days, the company is paying attention to its recently launched series, Mi 11. Following the Mi 11 Lite and Mi 11i, is the Mi 11 Ultra which is getting an update further with MIUI 18.104.22.168. The smartphone was launched a couple of months back with MIUI 12 skin based on Android 11.
As of now, the stable MIUI 22.214.171.124 update is unfurling in India, while other regions will also get a similar treatment in the coming days. The fresh skin can be identified by firmware version V126.96.36.199.RKAINXM weighs around 760MB in size. As far as features are concerned, Xiaomi has issued a precise changelog for the latest Mi 11 Ultra update.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in stages and will hit your Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra anytime soon. Alternatively, you can also track the package manually by heading to Settings > Software update > Check for update > Download and install.