Earlier in July, OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 based on Android to the OnePlus 7 and 7T series in India. After a month, the brand is pushing the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 update for both the 7 and 7T series. The series includes OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro. OnePlus has fixed many known issues with the Open Beta 1 update. The update comes with the build number H.26 for the OnePlus 7 series and F.15 for OnePlus 7T series. OnePlus hasn’t upgraded the security patch with this update. That said, both series of smartphones are running on July 2022 security patch. The update is rolling out as an incremental update for the Open Beta 1 users.
The update improves system stability and charging speeds. It also fixes the camera crashing issue. Even after the second update, there is still a known issue, as confirmed by OnePlus. The flash won’t work if the smartphone is in a high-temperature environment. Here is a detailed changelog of the update;
- [Improved] system stability in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the charging speed in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the experience of fingerprint unlocking
- [Fixed] the issue that double tap to wake or turn off screen worked abnormally
- [Fixed] the issue that camera crashed after turning on Ultra Steady
- [Fixed] the issue that My Files crashed in certain scenarios.
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 update!
As mentioned above, the existing users would already receive an OTA notification regarding the update. The incremental update weighs around 340MB and will take time to reach all units. So, the users who can’t wait for OTA can download the update from the following links;
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro
Note; The above links are for the Indian units of the smartphone. It might get bricked if you try installing it in other variants.
Steps to install the OxygenOS 12 Beta 2 update!
- After downloading the update, open Settings and tap on System.
- Open System Updates and tap on the top right icon.
- Then, tap on Local Upgrade and choose the installation package.
- Tap on Upgrade, and it will start upgrading.
- Once it is done, tap on Restart, and you are good to go.
Do share the article with your friend who owns OnePlus 7 and 7T series smartphones.