Earlier this month, OnePlus announced that the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 beta program will be made available for its 2019 premium flagships. Adhering to its words, the OnePlus 7 series, including the T-mobile variants- Oneplus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro are picking up the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 update.
The OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 claims to provide a whole new personalized and convenient user experience. This includes a modern user interface, simplified visuals, subtle display elements, and the new OS that optimizes the overall experience. You can start testing the package for your respective phone. Before applying, make sure to update your device to the required 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124. version.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
Though the update will not erase any data but OnePlus suggest the users keep their backup. Also, do not forget to maintain at least a 30% battery level and a 4GB of storage space free. For further guidelines, instructions, and download packages, visit the official OnePlus forum page.