OnePlus started testing the OxygenOS 11 open beta for the OnePlus 8 series last year in September. But the company is not done yet, it is ready to deliver another software update for the OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro with OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10.
The latest OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 build for the duo incorporates the Bitmoji AOD function. Talking about the changelog, the firmware also drives some enhancements in system performance for a seamless experience.
Moreover, this new update also improves network communication stability and improves the Bluetooth connection performance. The build addresses some improvements in the camera app, network stability, system performance, and some fixes. Here’s the entire changelog for the smartphones.
- Improved the text display of the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with the Setting‘s title when the Freeform Windows is enabled
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar displays two SIM cards’ mobile data icons at the same time
- Fixed the small probability issue that some covers of third-party music apps still display as lock screen even the music notification is removed
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Ambient display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on the condition of date, time, weather, and the music listening. ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji )
- Improved the audio experience when the phone is connected with the OnePlus watch and OnePlus buds
- Fixed the issue that the call recording list is not updated in time after the system is upgraded
- Fixed the small probability issue that the details page of Contact is not displayed
- Fixed the issue that the calling content is not displayed
- Improved the video preview clarity under 4K 60FPS mode
- Improved the connection stability with OnePlus Buds
- Fixed the small probability issue that the non-default data SIM card in gaming mode can’t get access to the 4G network
- Fixed the issue that the nearby Wi-Fi network cannot be switched intelligently
- Fixed the occasional failure to connect to the Wi-Fi network
However, keep in note that this is a Beta update and is not stable as normal OTA builds. If you still want to continue, we recommend you take a full backup of your smartphone. You will receive this new software as an OTA if you are already running the latest Open Beta.