OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is receiving OxygenOS Open Beta 8 that comes along with March 2021 security patch. The OnePlus 8T series recently received the Open Beta 2 update that came with performance improvements.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus Pro are receiving the same beta update as the OnePlus 8T received some time ago. It is the same beta build with a different name for different flagship series. The Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8T brings fixes to 19 issues and the same update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro will fix 21 serious issues to the devices.
The latest update comes with stability optimization and performance improvements. It covers almost every part of the device including- camera, battery, display, connectivity (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi), clock, et cetera.
The March 2021 security patch fixes 21 issues along with issues of finger-print patterns not visible on the screen and an SMS issue. It also brings an option to register your OnePlus device with a phone number in many regions, it makes startup for the apps easy and many more.
OnePlus 8and 8T latest official changelog
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Newly added time watermark (Go to Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with finger-print
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
- Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
- Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
- Zen Mode
- Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
The users who have the previous beta build on their devices can now update their device to this latest OxygenOS Open Beta 8. The update is rolling out globally. However, those who use a stable version on their device need to download the new update from the OnePlus community.