A few days back, OnePlus pushed the OxygenOS 12.1 Open Beta 2 update for the OnePlus Nord 2. The update addressed fixing significant issues found in Open Beta 1. Now, OnePlus has started to push the stable OyxgenOS 12 update. A few days later, the Open Beta 2 update, the stable updates. It is said to fix all the issues present in the beta updates. The update is only live for Indian users. The wider rollout will start only if the existing users confirm no significant issues with the update. The new update is rolling out via Over the Air (OTA) and released in batches. The device has been upgraded to May 2022 Security Patch.
OxygenOS 12 Stable Update for OnePlus Nord 2!
The new update weighs around 5GB, indicating that it is a significant update. Interestingly, the update still comes with the same build number as Open Beta 2 update, i.e. C.04. It seems like, OnePlus is too lazy to change the OTA listing. The update brings a complete change in the user interface of the device. It has a vast changelog that mentions the change of OxygenOS 12. One of the best new features is the Work Life Balance feature. It will help its users to switch between Work and Life mode. OnePlus includes the Work Life Balance 2.0 mode, which offers automatic switching between modes. The update also includes a whole new Smart Battery engine which will help in better battery backup.
Darm mode now gets three different levels so that one can choose his preferred level. The desktop icons get improved textures, and the OnePlus shelf has received an upgrade. It now supports new style options for cards. It also includes support for the OnePlus Scout and OnePlus card. Another improvement lies in Always-on Display (AOD). It has an optimized AI System Booster and includes HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer. OnePlus also improves its Gallery. One can now switch between different layouts by using a two-finger pinch gesture. Here is a detailed changelog of the new update;
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 for your system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized Extra HD, a feature that can significantly enhance image and video resolutions
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations,
- Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
Download OxygenOS 12 (Stable) for OnePlus Nord 2!
If one cannot wait for OTA, he can enjoy the stable version by installing it manually. Download it using the following link and install it using the OnePlus updater app.
- Device – OnePlus Nord 2
- Region – India
- Firmware Number – DN2101_11.C.04
- Link – Click Here
Please let us know if anyone has installed the update in the comments sections.