Realme 7 and7 Pro was announced last year in September with Android 10 based on Realme UI. The smartphone features a 6.5 inch IPS LCD panel with up to 128GB storage and 8GB RAM. It powers an octa-core processor-based Mediatek Helio G95 and Snapdragon 720G respectively. There’s a quad-camera setup at the back featuring a 64MP main camera, while a 16MP snapper is housed at the front of Realme 7. On the other hand, the Pro version equips a double i.e; 32MP shooter.
Make sure to visit: Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Realme XT
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Realme 7 and7 Pro smartphone updates.
Realme 7 and 7 Pro Update Tracker
- [July 7, 2021]: The June 2021 security patch has finally made its way to the Realme 7 smartphone. Arriving on firmware version RMX2151PU_11_A.91, the update is live for Indian variants on Android 10 OS. Though, the system performance and stability are optimized after flashing the software. The build adds no new features to the device besides the bump in safety level.
- [June 28:2021]: Realme 7 Pro units on Android 10 are grabbing the June 2021 security patch. The latest update arrives on build version RMX2170_11_A.41, which weighs 204MB in size. The update is currently rolling out in India and will hit other regions soon. This is a minor bump in safety level and does not any major changes in user experience. Though, the update addresses some issues that enhance the stability of the system.
- [May 24, 2021]: Realme 7 Pro is receiving a new software update after the Realme UI 2.0 build. The update includes the May 2021 security patch which is currently rolling out in India. The build bears the firmware version RMX2170_11_C.21 which weighs around 16.58 MB in size. It does not bring any major changes, but internally, it brings fixes for some known issues and improves the system’s stability. The update is rolling out to those who are running the Realme UI 2.0 skin.
- [May 8, 2021]: The pro variant is increasing its safety level by inculcating the April 2021 Android security patch. The bump is rolling out to the Realme 7 Pro units in Europe with firmware version RMX2170EU_11_A.36. However, this is a minor bump in security level, hopefully, the device will grab the Realme UI 2.0 beta version next month. The changelog mentions that the company resolves some known issues, that ultimately enhance the system stability.
- [April 30, 2021]: Realme 7 is receiving the current security maintenance by Google, April 2021. The fresh build can be identified by firmware version RMX2151PU_11_A.89, which is presently live in India. The device is set to grab the Android 11 OS, but the update is rolling out to Android 10 based units of the smartphone. The package just gives a bump in safety level and doesn’t bring any new fixes or additions.
Like all the other updates, Realme is sending the updates in a phased manner. As a result, it is expected to reach all the units within a week. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.