Realme 9 5G is finally receiving the stable Realme UI 3.0 based on the Android 12 update in India. The firmware version RMX3388_11.C.03 is now rolling out in a staged manner for users across the country. After waiting for over a year, the update is up for grabs for the Realme 9 5G which will bring the Realme UI 3.0 luxuries to the device.
Must See: [Update: Realme 9 gets August 2022 Security Patch] Realme 9 series Updates Tracker
Apart from the Realme UI 3.0 features such as the all-new design, better efficiency and accessibility, improved performance, optimized camera and system, and the newly loaded games features, there’s a whole new improvement for the device’s performance and stability.
While announcing the update, Realme pointed toward a longer boot time upon the installation of the new update, and the system optimisation afterwards may drain the battery due to excessive CPU usage for the first 5 hours. So, make sure you have the optimal battery before installing the update.
Realme 9 5G Android 12 Features
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user
Convenience & efficiency
– Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
– Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
– You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
• Optimizes accessibility:
– Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
– Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
– TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
Related: Realme 9 5G gets Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 Early Access Beta
The update may take time to reach each unit, as it is rolling out in a staged manner. However, if you feel to downgrade to the previous version, you can do so by downloading the Rollback package for Realme 9 5G.