In March 2021, Realme announced the GT Neo smartphone featuring a 6.43-inch AMOLED display. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G SoC. The smartphone ships with Android 11, Realme UI 2.0 out of the box paired with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Realme GT Neo equips a triple-camera module at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor and a 16MP snapper for selfies.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Realme GT Neo smartphone updates.
Realme GT Neo Update Tracker
- [July 7, 2021]: Realme GT Neo is receiving the June 2021 security patch on firmware version A.25. Moreover, it optimizes the QQ video calls, third-party applications, the sharpness effect of the rear camera, and more. In addition, the package also adds the dynamic memory expansion function (DRE). FYI, DRE means that the user can borrow space from the device’s internal storage to use it as RAM. Here’s the precise changelog issued by the company.
- Update Android security patch (2021#6)
- Added dynamic memory expansion function (DRE)
- Optimize system performance and improve system stability
- Optimize power consumption performance in some scenarios
- Optimize the power consumption of QQ video call scenes to reduce heat generation
- Optimize the background auto-start logic of the third party application after the ultimate cleanup
- Fix the anomaly that “data usage has been restricted” in some scenarios
- Optimize network performance and improve the online experience
- Optimize the outdoor sharpness effect of the rear camera
- Fix the problem of area flickering with a low probability of video taking pictures
- [June 16, 2021]: The Realme GT Neo is grabbing a new software update that brings system fixes and optimizations. The latest update arrives on firmware version A.23 which is presently rolling out to few countries. Concerning changes, the update brings optimization to the camera app. Moreover, it enhances the network and system stability with reduced power consumption. Along with this, the package also addresses a couple of problems and brig fixes for them. To know the detailed information, visit our dedicated article.
Like all the other updates, this as well is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Accordingly, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.