A couple of days back, the BBK-owned Realme has successfully launched Realme Narzo 20A smartphone with a 6.5-inch display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11 nm) Chipset. There’s a 12-MP + 2-MP + 2-MP triple rear camera and an 8-MP single front-facing camera. The device comes in 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB internal storage.
Also, check out: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Start Receiving Android 11-Based OxygenOS 11 Update.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding Realme Narzo 20 & 20A smartphones.
Realme Narzo 20 & 20A Update Tracker
- [Decemmber 24, 2021]: The December 2021 security patch is extending to the Realme Narzo 20A. The update bears the firmware version RMX2050_11.C.06. Also, it fixes some known issues and optimize system performance.
Android security patch: December 2021
Fixes some known issues to improve system stability
Optimized the system performance
- [December 13, 2021]: Realme is releasing the November and December 2021 security patches for Realme Narzo 20. The update is rolling out in India via build number RMX2191_11_C.14. Also, it Optimizes the system performance and improves system stability.
Optimizes system performance and improves system stability
- [August 25, 2021]: Narzo 20 is grabbing the July and August 2021 security patch update in India. Arriving on the firmware version RMX2191_11_C.12, the build optimizes the system performance and improves the system stability. Moreover, it addresses some bugs in the camera app and the File Manager app.
Updated Android security patch: July and August 2021
Fixes an issue where the Camera app might stutter when the 48M mode is selected.
Fixes an issue where File Manager might take some time to open.
Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- [April 28, 2021]: Realme started sending the current security maintenance level to the Narzo 20A, April 2021. The build number RMX2050EX_11.A.29 is presently in India for Realme UI 1.0 based units weighing 3.24GB in size. Accompanying the safety level is some bug fixes for known issues, improving the system stability.
- [April 5, 2021]: The March 2021 security patch update is unfurling to Narzo 20A units in India. The update weighs 3.20GB in size on firmware version RMX2050EX_11.A.27. Apart from strengthening the security, the update also optimizes network stability and improves the camera quality. As per the changelog, the probabilistic crashing issue in continuous shooting mode has been fixed. FinShell Pay has also been added to the software. Check out this link for more details regarding the update.
- [March 02, 2021]: The Realme Narzo 20A users have started picking a new update with the February 2021 Security Patch. The update bears the firmware version RMX2050EX_11_A.25 and it is rolling out only to Indian users. As per the changelog, apart from the latest security patch and bug fixes, the update doesn’t add any new features to the device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Updated Android security patch: February 2021
Fixed some known issues and improved stability
- [January 23, 2021]: Realme has started seeding out the January 2021 security patch update to the Realme Narzo 20 users. The update is rolling out on the RMX2193_11.A.25 Firmware version and it houses with January 2021 Security patch, fixes, and optimizations. The update brings fixes for the probabilistic issue that Wi-Fi cannot be connected, a probabilistic issue that the network cannot be used, and the probabilistic issue that the clock cannot be synchronized with the network time. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Updated Android security patch Jan 2021
Fixed probabilistic issue that Wi-Fi cannot be connected
Fixed probabilistic issue that network cannot be used
Fixed probabilistic issue that clock cannot be synchronized with the network time
Optimized system performance
Optimized system stability
- [December 12, 2020]: The Security patch update for the month of November 2020 has started rolling out to the Realme Narzo 20 devices. The RMX2193_11.A.21 update comes with the new add-ons, fixes, and optimizations. The update adds the short-press the power button to turn off the flashlight feature while screen-off. It also brings fixes for the probabilistic issue of greenish images shooted by the rear camera, the issue of reddish images shot by the front camera in some scenarios, etc.
- [November 9, 2020]: After Realme Narzo 20 smartphones, the Narzo 20A devices have started picking the October 2020 Security patch update. The update is spinning out on the RMX2050EX_11_A.17 Firmware version, and as per the release note, the update features the latest Security patch and optimizations. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the smartphone’s stability. The update brings optimizations for system performance & improved system stability and startup & exit performance of applications.
- [November 8, 2020]: After the successful rollout of a couple of new updates to all the other smartphones, Realme has started rolling out the October 2020 Security patch update for the Narzo 20 users. The update bears the RMX2191_11.A.17 Firmware version and adds the latest Security patch, optimizations, and fixes for known issues. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone.
- [October 11, 2020]: Realme Narzo 20A smartphones have started picking the September 2020 Security patch update. The update is hitting all the devices on the RMX2050EX_11_A.15 Firmware version. According to the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch and fixes the maximum exposure time can only be set to 0 in Professional mode of the rear camera issue. Reportedly, the company not included any new features in the device.
Realme is pushing the updates in a phased manner, and you may need to wait for some time to receive the update. You can also navigate to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates to check the update status manually.