Recently Xiaomi has rolled out the MIUI 12 based Android 11 stable update to the Mi 10 Lite users and other updates to many smartphones. Now, the company has finally started rolling out the MIUI 12 Stable update to the Redmi 8 users. The update bears the V126.96.36.199 QCNMIXM Firmware version and is currently rolling out only to Global users.
According to the changelog/release note, the update adds new features, optimizations, and fixes for known/reported issues. The new features include Swipe down from the upper left corner to open the Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open the Control center, When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center, and much more. Nevertheless, the changelog of this update is as follows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
Similar to all the other updates, Xiaomi is also rolling out this update in a phased manner. So, it generally takes a week to reach all the devices. Meanwhile, you can also check the update status manually by navigating to Settings>Software updates and checking for updates. We also suggest you to maintain at least 60% of charging before updating to avoid carrier data charges.
Up Next: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Update Tracker.